Download Manager Mostly Unusable

rechigo

rechigo

Please for the love of God fix the download manager. I can't even count how many times it's absolutely screwed me over before a long trip, today was no exception. I have it set to download 5 different movies, all very large <20gb. I wake up to find all but one of them failed. The download manager does not even retry failed downloads half the time. On the off chance it does retry, it doesn't even start from where it left off, it downloads the entire damn file all over again. I might as well download the MKV in the browser app from Chrome since at least Chrome retries downloads from where they left off. I was trying to download inside of my local network, there is no reason for why downloads should fail this much in local network. 

The next day before I went to sleep, I started a download for another movie. That download succeeded, and I could see the space being used on my SD card. Then randomly out of nowhere, Emby deleted the ENTIRE movie and decided to start redownloading it, which I did not have time to wait for to download.

I would say roughly 1/5th of my downloads are successful with this mess of a download manager, and Its been this way for years. Yeah Its gotten better, but It's still extremely unreliable. Even Plex can do better, come on, this is ridiculous for a paid product. 

Hi @Luke has said he is going to revamp this set of features in the near future.

rechigo
17 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi @Luke has said he is going to revamp this set of features in the near future.

Okay thanks, hopefully that will come soon and make offline content a lot more intuitive & reliable

neik
On 6/14/2021 at 3:15 PM, cayars said:

While he is at that, he could also have a look at this:

It's somehow related and still not working as it should...

• Like 1