Roku app v4.0.28 - Scheduled Recordings doesn't respect local TZ for Day heading sort

TheWebMachine

TheWebMachine

It would appear the Scheduled tab of Live TV in the Roku app is not accurately calculating or respecting the timezone of the server and/or Roku. (both are same TZ in this case)

On Android and Web, the upcoming recordings show for the correct day. On Roku, future recordings late in the evening, from 7PM onward, show up as the *next* day preceeding the post-12AM items. So, a recording scheduled for 10:30PM Today will show under the Tomorrow heading, instead.

I'm in US Central Daylight Time (US-Central-DST) (GMT-5), which adds up. The Roku app is using GMT/UTC to determine which day to show them under. All other content within the app shows fine. Only the Live TV > Scheduled page has the issue and only with deciding which day to show them under. The stated recording time is in the correct TZ. So, merely a cosmetic bug of rather minor inconvenience/confusion.

Roku TV A111X OS v10.0.0 b4197-88

Emby Server v4.6.2.0 (has existed since at least 4.5 or earlier)

Emby Roku App v4.0.28 (not sure if I ever noticed a ver without this bug, but I've only been using Emby for about 6 months now)

TheWebMachine

BTW, the search function on this forum appears to be a bit broken. Whether using smartphone or PC, you get exactly one shot at search before the DDoS bot temp bans you. I hand browsed a couple pages of recent topics before posting, but I couldn't properly search for a post on this issue within the current projected timeline for the heat death of the Universe at the rate it was letting me change the search terms. 🤣😜

Thank you for reporting the issue on your Roku.

Reference: Fix #1121: [GeneralMetadata] getProgramDisplayTime - respect local time

This will be fixed in the next Beta for Roku.

As far as the search function these forums are abused by bots. To stem the abuse you must be logged into the forums to search without crippling limits. If you search as a guest you may get disrespected because the forum does not know who you are. Once you identify yourself (..and grow a post count) the problem with search should solve itself.

Edited by speechles
  • Thanks 1

roaku
38 minutes ago, TheWebMachine said:

BTW, the search function on this forum appears to be a bit broken. Whether using smartphone or PC, you get exactly one shot at search before the DDoS bot temp bans you. I hand browsed a couple pages of recent topics before posting, but I couldn't properly search for a post on this issue within the current projected timeline for the heat death of the Universe at the rate it was letting me change the search terms. 🤣😜

I don't have this problem. Then again, my username doesn't claim I'm a bot.

TheWebMachine

Gotcha. We don't have the ability to install betas of Roku apps unless we've enabled development on our particular device, correct?

I develop UC software...so I'm well acquainted with the joys of bot mitigation. I just didn't realize reputation on the forum counted in the behavior of the search here. Since I'm still new to the forum, I guess the search is gonna hate on me for a while. Sucks for new users to the platform, but I totally understand the need.

TheWebMachine has been my alias for over 2 decades. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by TheWebMachine
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheWebMachine said:

We don't have the ability to install betas of Roku apps unless we've enabled development on our particular device, correct?

Hi.  No, that is not correct.  Our beta is just another app but it is only available by direct link.  That link can be found on our website.

• Thanks 1

TheWebMachine
13 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  No, that is not correct.  Our beta is just another app but it is only available by direct link.  That link can be found on our website.

Jesus...I must be blind today. I totally glossed over the private channel link earlier when @speechles mentioned the beta and I glanced the site for it. 🤦 Thank you.

As an aside, thanks for all you folks do with Emby! I'm a long time Plex convert that finally got sick of their nonsense. I was thrilled to see that Emby has matured considerably since the last time I gave it a try. I jumped ship immediately. Please don't ever become Plex (withholding rant). It's such a bag of garbage now. 🤣 

• Like 2