Genre missing (Genre Plugin)

Nostromo86

Nostromo86

Hi,

I've got something weird, let me explain what happen

Into Emby in the genre section, there are not a lot movies with sci Fi genre.

See attached files 

Thank you

2021-05-28_00h43_24.png

2021-05-28_00h44_10.png

Happy2Play

Emby does not get metadata from IMDB.

What metadata providers do you have enabled and what order?

Do you have the Genre cleaner plugin installed?

But TMDB shows (Adventure, Drama, Science Fiction) and OMDB shows ("Genre":"Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi",).

Nostromo86
21 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Emby does not get metadata from IMDB.

What metadata providers do you have enabled and what order?

Do you have the Genre cleaner plugin installed?

But TMDB shows (Adventure, Drama, Science Fiction) and OMDB shows ("Genre":"Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi",).

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. my responses as attachments.
I have the science fiction genre but I only have 18 movies in it while I have a library of 17,000 movies: /

2021-05-28_01h22_28.png

2021-05-28_01h22_46.png

2021-05-28_01h25_29.png

2021-05-28_01h25_35.png

Happy2Play

Not sure why the item is loosing the genre, but if you Refresh that item does the genre appear?

If not please post the server log.  

Edited by Happy2Play

Nostromo86
22 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Not sure why the item is loosing the genre, but if you Refresh that item does the genre appear?

If not please post the server log.  

Hi,

Doen't work here the server log

i saw this 2021-05-28 23:58:22.841 Info App: Genre 'Science-Fiction' removed from metadata for Interstellar.
weird 😕

Thank you

embyserver (4).txt

Happy2Play
36 minutes ago, Nostromo86 said:

'Science-Fiction'

Well that is not a Approved genre do to the hyphen, as your initialization config shows without a hyphen.  But I am not sure where that hyphen genre is coming from.

@ebrdoes that sound correct?

Happy2Play

@Nostromo86I have figured it out as it is a Translation/Language difference.  English has no hyphen and French has a hyphen in the genre.  So you need to Add the genre via the plugin and potentially create a map for what you want to see.

Interstellar (2014) — The Movie Database (TMDb) (themoviedb.org)French see the genres

Interstellar (2014) — The Movie Database (TMDb) (themoviedb.org)English see the genres.

But all missing items from genre will need refreshed to correct genre issue.

Edited by Happy2Play

Nostromo86

2021-05-29_01h22_23.png.90e915ec5f1bacdd04a239281398eb76.png

27 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@Nostromo86I have figured it out as it is a Translation/Language difference.  English has no hyphen and French has a hyphen in the genre.  So you need to Add the genre via the plugin and potentially create a map for what you want to see.

Interstellar (2014) — The Movie Database (TMDb) (themoviedb.org)French see the genres

Interstellar (2014) — The Movie Database (TMDb) (themoviedb.org)English see the genres.

But all missing items from genre will need refreshed to correct genre issue.

Hey :)
ok like this ? (see attached file)? Can i do a refresh of the whole media library to recover the genre? If yes, how? thank you

2021-05-29_01h22_23.png

2021-05-29_01h22_43.png

Edited by Nostromo86

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Nostromo86 said:

Can i do a refresh of the whole media library to recover the genre? If yes, how?

You would need to do a Refresh a library level, either on home screen or dashboard-Library on each library or multi-select all.

Nostromo86

Ok like this (see attached file) and when i refresh the metadata of the movie thats works :)

@Happy2Playi try to refresh my movies library. I let you know asap :) thanks men

2021-05-29_01h27_32.png

2021-05-29_01h28_15.png

• Like 1

Nostromo86
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

You would need to do a Refresh a library level, either on home screen or dashboard-Library on each library or multi-select all.

So, refresh doesnt work 😕 i need to identify the movie to recup my sf genre ... I cant do this for my all library lol

Hi there, why do you feel that refreshing the metadata doesn't work?

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Nostromo86 said:

So, refresh doesnt work 😕 i need to identify the movie to recup my sf genre ... I cant do this for my all library lol

Sorry I am not following as I can do a Refresh replace all and items missing Genres get the missing genres.

I even test doing a Refresh Search for Missing metadata and the missing genres returned.

May need to see a server log if your missing genres are not returning.  Only thing that should prevent this from happening is if the metadata or genre field is Locked.

Nostromo86
9 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Désolé, je ne suis pas en train de suivre car je peux faire un Refresh pour tout remplacer et les éléments manquants Les genres obtiennent les genres manquants.

Je teste même en faisant une recherche d'actualisation des métadonnées manquantes et les genres manquants sont renvoyés.

Vous devrez peut-être voir un journal du serveur si vos genres manquants ne reviennent pas. La seule chose qui devrait empêcher que cela se produise est si le champ de métadonnées ou de genre est verrouillé.

Here the log. I confirm, genre science fiction appears only when i identifiy movie. when i try refresh missing meta doesnt work 

2120850894_embyserver(8).txt

Nostromo86
Just now, Luke said:

On dirait que vous avez peut-être verrouillé les métadonnées comme l'a suggéré happy2play.

Hi Luke Thanks
Here? see attached or somewhere else?2021-05-29_03h14_20.png.e45c90e03a6dd9eac3dc4f9db7925c85.png

Nostromo86
1 minute ago, Luke said:

And also the lock on the entire item at the bottom.

Nop, i never touch this option for my entire library

2021-05-29_03h17_12.png

Happy2Play

@LukeCould TMDB cache be interfering with Library Refresh?

No, if he refreshed at the movie library level then I think he just needs to be patient and give it time to run.

Nostromo86
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

No, if he refreshed at the movie library level then I think he just needs to be patient and give it time to run.

okay i will be patient.  I will tell you tomorrow if it worked.  thank you :)

Happy2Play

True as the log show items still being scanned.

9 minutes ago, Nostromo86 said:

Hi Luke Thanks
Here? see attached or somewhere else?2021-05-29_03h14_20.png.e45c90e03a6dd9eac3dc4f9db7925c85.png

That id should be for Oxygen 2021, I do not see this item in your log so can assume it has not been processed yet.  I am guessing it is the queue.

Nostromo86
13 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

That id should be for Oxygen 2021, I do not see this item in your log so can assume it has not been processed yet.  I am guessing it is the queue.

Hi Guy. Sorry doesnt work 😕 only when identify manually.

Nostromo86
On 5/29/2021 at 3:27 AM, Happy2Play said:

hi,

okay i need to delete nfo files and the refresh works. 

its better do not use nfo files or not?

Thanks

That's your choice, whether you want your manual edits to be backed up to nfo files or not.