Live TV fails to play on WebApp

troyscorer

troyscorer

This seems to be an issue when the server attempts to transcode a livetv stream from my M3U tv source

Tested on Emby Theatre and the Android Emby App and it works fine, the server reports in these cases that it is direct playing

Opera, Edge both fail the playback with the error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details

In the case of the web app it is attempting to start to transcode with the mpeg2video codec

ffmpeg-transcode-78dadaa2-4178-42e7-a18b-59c97099e26f_1.txt

this worked prior to upgrading to 4.6.0.50 which i did a few hours ago.

Further to this, I tested a movie via the web app which worked fine when it was direct playing. Once i adjusted the bitrate to force transcoding, the server reported it was doing so fine. But the screen on the browser just went blank and got stuck at the same position even though the server reported that it was playing? Again tested it in the Emby App and it plays direct, when a bitrate change kicks in the transcoding engine, this works fine!. 

image.png.be58cbbe1014a0f2c6e89c2904d8a0b7.png

In summary, something has broken the webapp? theatre, Android app and even the googletv apps seem fine via direct play and transcoding

Edited by troyscorer

unisoft

In the UK, Live TV transcodes (it used to Direct Play) and I don't know why. Its H264 content which browser should be able to play natively. The sound is AACHE

If its to support DVB subtitles, I'd rather an option to direct play and keep the quality over subtitle support.

Th Android Emby app says "Direct Play Error" and Emby console says its being converted into a format the device understands. To my knowledge it has always understood UK broadcasts without transcoding. It used to be fast at playing, now its awfully slow.

Taking a long time to actually play as well and a long time before the console even says its transcoding H264 or MPEG2 channels. Something must have changed?

Synology DS2415+ here with extra memory - says no hardware encoder, but I thought this unit did have and earlier versions of Emby said it did (a couple of server versions ago)

The ffmpeg log file is showing some issues with PES and frame sizes it doesn't like.
A couple people have reported similar issues.

This is something @softworkz needs to look at.

• Like 1