Patch Channel Number/ChannelNumber via API

anthonws

anthonws

Hello,

Looking into Swagger UI, there doesn't seem to exist a way to programmatically patch the Number or ChannelNumber for LiveTV Channels.

Is this correct? If not, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, what would be the correct API endpoint to update the channel logo?

Thanks!

anthonws

Edited by anthonws

Hi, I would use the chrome debugger to look at what the metadata editor is doing in the beta server.

• Like 1

anthonws

Hi @Luke,

That is what I did in the meantime. But I'm not sure how to POST the info.
Here is a test.
Would this JSON payload be enough to change (in this case remove) the ChannelNumber?

## Request JSON Payload
## {"Id":"341475","Name":"RTP 1","ChannelNumber":"","OriginalTitle":"","ForcedSortName":"","CommunityRating":"","CriticRating":"","IndexNumber":null,"AirsBeforeSeasonNumber":"","AirsAfterSeasonNumber":"","AirsBeforeEpisodeNumber":"","ParentIndexNumber":null,"SortParentIndexNumber":"","SortIndexNumber":"","DisplayOrder":"","Album":"","AlbumArtists":[],"ArtistItems":[],"Overview":"","Status":"","Genres":[],"Tags":[],"TagItems":[],"Studios":[],"PremiereDate":null,"DateCreated":"2021-05-11T23:00:00.000Z","EndDate":null,"ProductionYear":"","Video3DFormat":"","OfficialRating":"","CustomRating":"","LockData":false,"LockedFields":["ChannelNumber"],"ProviderIds":{"ExternalServiceId":"Emby"},"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"","PreferredMetadataCountryCode":"","Taglines":[]}

Id = "341353"
Name = "RTP 1"
json_obj = '{{"Id":"{0}","Name":"RPT 1","ChannelNumber":""}}'.format(Id)

URL_POST = "http://192.168.25.9:8096/emby/Items?Ids={0}&api_key=8d84533ba00d4b62819f1cfca61e6cc5".format(Id)

Edited by anthonws

I would compare to the post sent by the web app and then adjust yours to match.

• Like 1

anthonws

@Luke

It was this that I saw as the RAW Data being sent by the POST:

{"Id":"341475","Name":"RTP 1","ChannelNumber":"","OriginalTitle":"","ForcedSortName":"","CommunityRating":"","CriticRating":"","IndexNumber":null,"AirsBeforeSeasonNumber":"","AirsAfterSeasonNumber":"","AirsBeforeEpisodeNumber":"","ParentIndexNumber":null,"SortParentIndexNumber":"","SortIndexNumber":"","DisplayOrder":"","Album":"","AlbumArtists":[],"ArtistItems":[],"Overview":"","Status":"","Genres":[],"Tags":[],"TagItems":[],"Studios":[],"PremiereDate":null,"DateCreated":"2021-05-11T23:00:00.000Z","EndDate":null,"ProductionYear":"","Video3DFormat":"","OfficialRating":"","CustomRating":"","LockData":false,"LockedFields":["ChannelNumber"],"ProviderIds":{"ExternalServiceId":"Emby"},"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"","PreferredMetadataCountryCode":"","Taglines":[]}

The URL was:

http://192.168.25.9:8096/emby/Items/341364?X-Emby-Client=Emby%20Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Firefox&X-Emby-Device-Id=<DEVICEID>&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.6.0.46&X-Emby-Token=<TOKEN>

Hence why I am trying with:

"http://192.168.25.9:8096/emby/Items?Ids={0}&api_key=<API KEY HERE>

And posting this JSON data payload:

json_obj = '{{"Id":"{0}","Name":"RPT 1","ChannelNumber":""}}'.format(Id)

Thanks!!!

EDIT:

But I am getting a 404, "Unable to find the specified file"  :S

Edited by anthonws