Library scanning gets stuck at certain percentage

T3Knical5urg3

T3Knical5urg3

I have had the library scan occasionally hang from some time but has always resolved itself in a reasonable time. It has now been stuck at 95.6% for over a day. I attempted to restart it by manually canceling it and re-scanning the library files. It ends up stuck at this same point. I tried collecting the log files where the errors are present. It looks like it is unhappy about an episode of Mad Men but when I check that meta-data it seems alright.

The issue is when it hangs like this I can't get it to update any new additions to the library. In this case, I have a new series I added to my media folder but no matter how I restart the scanning process it will not add the meta-data or even find the individual episodes.

embyserver.txt

Hi there, you enabled MovieDb metadata for episodes. You can try turning this off as it will result in longer library scans. You've also enabled subtitle downloading, which is certainly fine, but everything comes with a cost so you just have to be aware of that when you turn them on.

Apart from that I would just be patient and allow it to finish.

T3Knical5urg3

Thanks, I will be patient. I wasn't sure if the errors at the base of the log suggested time would not resolve this but I am willing to be patient. I will try disabling some of the data to see if it resolves this.

T3Knical5urg3

Well we are now a day and a half later and it still is stuck at the same percentage. I presume at this point it is not a matter of just waiting it out and there error's in the log I originally posted are causing it to perma-hang. They new series that I had added to the library that I mentioned in the first post has still not been fully identified.

If you can stop the scheduled task then it's not stuck, but rather just taking a long time.

Yes, you have some outgoing http requests that are timing out an failing, and this is not helping the situation. You'll want to look into whatever network problem you might be having that could cause that.

And/or of course, disabling the two things I mentioned earlier.