Output software decoded audio as AC3 / EAC3 stream

EDIIIZ

EDIIIZ

Would it be possible to take that 5.1 / 7.1 PCM Stream that Emby creates by software decoding and pack it into DD or DD+ stream locally and output that?

I specifically ask for locally on the device because hdr movies and audio transcoding on the server don't play well together on my 6700K. I get green artifacts because the HDR Support on that iGPU is limited. 

The Shield supports everything but my TV only supports Dolby Codecs and PCM 2.0. If I passthrough via ARC and Software Decode is enabled DTS gets downmixed to PCM 2.0 but if i enable "server transcode to Dolby Digital" I get the green artifacts. 

I know kodi can do something similar that it can decode locally to pcm and pack it into a dd stream locally. 

Would appreciate it! 

7 minutes ago, EDIIIZ said:

Would it be possible to take that 5.1 / 7.1 PCM Stream that Emby creates by software decoding and pack it into DD or DD+ stream locally and output that?

Not at this time, no.

You can use the option to convert on the server though.

• Sad 1

EDIIIZ
1 minute ago, ebr said:

Not at this time, no.

You can use the option to convert on the server though.

Hmm, yeah but then HDR movies are not watchable because of the full screen green artifact caused by the iGPU not fully supporting HDR. Or is there a way to fix that? 

rbjtech
16 minutes ago, EDIIIZ said:

Hmm, yeah but then HDR movies are not watchable because of the full screen green artifact caused by the iGPU not fully supporting HDR. Or is there a way to fix that? 

In Transcoding > Advanced 

Try changing around the priority of the decoders - ie QuickSync and DX11VA

Edited by rbjtech

1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

In Transcoding > Advanced 

Try changing around the priority of the decoders - ie QuickSync and DX11VA

I suspect he's running into the issue of stream-copying HEVC HDR so those won't have an effect.

• Thanks 3