Movie is not found when searching, or in new movies section

zBernie

zBernie

I added the movie Rambo First Blood (1982) and when I search in Emby 4.5.4.0, the movie is not found.  It is also not shown under the "Latest Movies" section.  I've rescanned the movie folder, moved the movie out of the directory then back, rescanned, restarted Emby, but it is still not visible where it should be.  The only way I can see it is if I set a filter by the year 1982.  Then I can see it, and the metadata appears correct.

What can I do so this movie shows via search and the latest movies section?

Edited by zBernie

Happy2Play

Lots of factors here as the movie is not Rambo First Blood, that is the part of the name for Rambo First Blood II.  It is just First Blood unless you have done metadata editing.  So searching "First Blood" returns the movie correct?

As for Latest Movies that will be determined by added date.  What method do you have enabled for "Date added behavior for new content"? (Dashboard-Library-Advanced)

zBernie
7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Lots of factors here as the movie is not Rambo First Blood, that is the part of the name for Rambo First Blood II.  It is just First Blood unless you have done metadata editing.  So searching "First Blood" returns the movie correct?

As for Latest Movies that will be determined by added date.  What method do you have enabled for "Date added behavior for new content"? (Dashboard-Library-Advanced)

The data added behavior is set to file creation date.  I tried changing it to date scanned, rescanned, but it still did not show up under latest movies.  I mistakenly had the movie named "Rambo First Blood (1982).mp4", so I changed it to just First Blood (1982).mp4.  I can find the movie searching for "First Blood".  But it's still not showing up in latest movies for some reason.

-Thanks

Happy2Play
Just now, zBernie said:

The data added behavior is set to file creation date.  I tried changing it to date scanned, rescanned, but it still did not show up under latest movies

You have to remove and ensure you delete the nfo file if you write nfo files as it has the dateadded field already, perform a library scan to remove database entries, re-add item.  This option it only applies to new imported media not existing imported items.

zBernie
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

You have to remove and ensure you delete the nfo file if you write nfo files as it has the dateadded field already, perform a library scan to remove database entries, re-add item.  This option it only applies to new imported media not existing imported items.

I don't have any nfo files as far as I know.  At least none in the movies folder.  I did move the file out of the directory, scanned, moved the file back, then scanned again, which did not help.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, zBernie said:

I don't have any nfo files as far as I know.  At least none in the movies folder.  I did move the file out of the directory, scanned, moved the file back, then scanned again, which did not help.

Minus your system throwing error I really don't know as setting the import option and import new media is all you need to do.

May need to see server log going over a specific example.

zBernie
10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Minus your system throwing error I really don't know as setting the import option and import new media is all you need to do.

May need to see server log going over a specific example.

Thanks, I'll take a look at the logs.

Please let us know how you get on, or attach the server log here so that we can take a look. Thanks.