TV shows not playing in order

Ninko

Ninko

Hi,

I'm not sure when this started, but I've noticed TV shows ain't playing in the correct order.

For example:

Say I'm watching TV show S01E04, the next to play you would expect S01E05. But it's not, it will play a random episode.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this at all?

• Agree 1

Sammy

Thought it was just me.. I suppose logs are necessary but when to pull a log @Luke? Also, those Seems to occur at not so convenient times to grab a log so maybe a nightly but give the time it occurred in the post?

Hi.  This is only on the Roku app?  Can you please detail exactly how you are playing?

Thanks.

15 hours ago, Ninko said:

Hi,

I'm not sure when this started, but I've noticed TV shows ain't playing in the correct order.

For example:

Say I'm watching TV show S01E04, the next to play you would expect S01E05. But it's not, it will play a random episode.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this at all?

Are you pressing PLAY on your Roku remote while directly focused on an episode and whether or not all the episodes have already been watched? These will shuffle...

Or.. are you using the detail view and using the PLAY button on the screen? These will play in-order...

Or some other way?

Edited by speechles

Ninko

I haven't checked on anything else but Roku to be honest.

Again I haven't exactly been taking notes but from what I can tell it does it regardless of what combination you use to play, or at least I've not noticed any pattern.

5 hours ago, Ninko said:

I haven't checked on anything else but Roku to be honest.

Again I haven't exactly been taking notes but from what I can tell it does it regardless of what combination you use to play, or at least I've not noticed any pattern.

Can you try the web app and see how that compares?

• 1 month later...
Ninko

It seems to work fine on the web app. The Roku app is still having this problem.

On 3/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, Ninko said:

Hi.  Can you tell us exactly what you are doing to play the item(s)?

Ninko

Hi,

I go to the episode I want to play, so I'm viewing the episode description with the play, favourite etc options. Press ok on play, watch episode, let it run to the end and it starts playing a random episode, not the next in the series.

I'm not really sure how else I can explain, I'm not doing it in some odd complex way.

Okay, so on that same screen, the first row under the buttons is "More from season x".  Are the episodes listed there in the proper order?

Ninko

That's correct yes, and yes they are in the correct order in that row.

Thanks

Okay, try something for me.  Completely back out of the Emby app and then re-enter it.  Immediately go to one of these episodes and play it like you usually do.  Are they playing in the proper order now?

• 2 weeks later...
Ninko

Hi @ebr

Just tried that, no they are still playing in a random order.

Ninko

Hi @Luke

Not so I've noticed, no, it's totally random. It's almost as though Emby thinks I clicked Shuffle, when I simply clicked Play.

2 hours ago, Ninko said:

Hi @Luke

Not so I've noticed, no, it's totally random. It's almost as though Emby thinks I clicked Shuffle, when I simply clicked Play.

I found a situation where that could happen but only after you had actually shuffle played something.  That's why I asked you to shut down and just play the episode.  If is still happening to you then, I am stumped.

37 minutes ago, Ninko said:

Right... Not sure what to say then really.

Would you mind attaching the server log from an example scenario? thanks.

10 hours ago, Luke said:

Would you mind attaching the server log from an example scenario? thanks.

Yes, and also tell us exactly what time you pressed play on the episode.  Thanks.

Ninko

Hi,

It doesn't do it ALL the time, but it's just done it again, so I've attached the log file. I was playing Supernatural S01E01 and afterwards it jumped to S04E03.

Thanks

embyserver.txt

1 hour ago, Ninko said:

It doesn't do it ALL the time

Only after you've shuffle-played something else, maybe?

Were you able to try the beta?