Hide Ratings

Chyron

Chyron

I would like to hide (Rotten Tomatoes) Ratings.

I don't need to know critics' opinions of the movies on my server.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

😜 I feel the same way.. I ripped most of the STAR Ratings out of my metadata..

CSS could do it.. maybe I will look when I have more time.

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, Hxemby001 said:

Try this...

div.starRatingContainer.mediaInfoItem {
	display: none;
}

Wrong one, you want ".mediaInfoCriticRating".  Star is IMDB/TMDB.  But only applies to web client.

But in the end without a option for Ratings from specific Provider you are out of luck.  Pretty sure there are already feature requests for this.

Currently this information comes from OMDB, so only way to not have it is not use OMDB.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

@giankoski68as mentioned above you can't.  Currently the only way is stop using OMDB as mentioned above.

giankoski68
11 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@giankoski68as mentioned above you can't.  Currently the only way is stop using OMDB as mentioned above.

Which one do i need to enable on Library settings ? Can i check both ? 

image.thumb.png.6442029a5657fa2ba3849f4e4ee3a6a7.png

Happy2Play
Just now, giankoski68 said:

Which one do i need to enable on Library settings ? Can i check both ? 

image.thumb.png.6442029a5657fa2ba3849f4e4ee3a6a7.png

The RT rating is coming from OMDB as it is a secondary source and no other Emby provider has this information.  So the only reason to have multiple providers if provider A does not have info try provider B as the text note mentions.  

But disabling this will have no affect on all media already imported and showing this information.

giankoski68

@Happy2Play- Correct me if a am wrong .

1. So you mean to say that I need to set OMDB as main Movie metadata downloaders? 

2. Setting it as low priority /2nd will not get the intended outcome which is to show RT ratings icons/logo ?

3. And all existing movie will not scrape or get the ratings  and only the new movies will get the RT ratings. 

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, giankoski68 said:

@Happy2Play- Correct me if a am wrong .

1. So you mean to say that I need to set OMDB as main Movie metadata downloaders? 

2. Setting it as low priority /2nd will not get the intended outcome which is to show RT ratings icons/logo ?

3. And all existing movie will not scrape or get the ratings  and only the new movies will get the RT ratings. 

OMDB is the only provide the has RT ratings for most/some items.  If you do not want them you have to disable OMDB so you do not receive them.

If you want RT you have to have OMDB enabled, but is dependent on what they have.  RT wants to much money got get directly from them.

As for all already scraped/imported you can run Refresh/Search for Missing, but still dependent on what OMDB has.

Chyron

I don't know what OMDb provides and doesn't provide. The average user shouldn't be expected to know either. There should be an option to disable ratings appearing, that 1) is cross-platform (ie. not CSS); 2) doesn't require you to disable an entire metadata source, especially given their generic and unhelpful names; and 3) doesn't require a library-wide  metadata refresh.

It should simply be hidden. You shouldn't be required to erase it from your server's database, much less to erase any and all metadata from a given source simply because that source includes ratings.

• Agree 1

Kind of makes me wish I had left my star ratings embedded.. but not really.. ( from IMDb )

Edited by Guest

giankoski68
1 hour ago, Chyron said:

I don't know what OMDb provides and doesn't provide. The average user shouldn't be expected to know either. There should be an option to disable ratings appearing, that 1) is cross-platform (ie. not CSS); 2) doesn't require you to disable an entire metadata source, especially given their generic and unhelpful names; and 3) doesn't require a library-wide  metadata refresh.

It should simply be hidden. You shouldn't be required to erase it from your server's database, much less to erase any and all metadata from a given source simply because that source includes ratings.

Well selecting OMDB as secondary and refreshing metadata will show the RT ratings logo/icon on the movie. 

Chyron
7 hours ago, giankoski68 said:

Well selecting OMDB as secondary and refreshing metadata will show the RT ratings logo/icon on the movie. 

Yes, but what else comes with OMDB? Removing it altogether surely doesn't only remove ratings.

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, Chyron said:

Yes, but what else comes with OMDB? Removing it altogether surely doesn't only remove ratings.

Well specific rating are the only thing different that can not be gotten from TMDB.  Sure there are slightly different overviews and cast and crew per item but all information comes from first provider and any additional info comes from second provider ie these rating.  Overall you can get everything from TMDB.

visproduction

At the bottom of [window user account] ..\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\item\item.css

.mediaInfoItem.mediaInfoCriticRating.mediaInfoCriticRatingRotten {
display:none;
}

Happy2Play
Just now, visproduction said:

At the bottom of [window user account] ..\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\item\item.css

.mediaInfoItem.mediaInfoCriticRating.mediaInfoCriticRatingRotten {
display:none;
}

no need to edit the file as you can add that to Dashboard-Settings Custom CSS box.  But this only applies to the web client.

• Like 1