How to mark content as played/unplayed in the Emby skin for Kodi?

Sparker
Go to solution Solved by TeamB,

Sparker

I just switched from Plex to Kodi + EmbyCon skin (I'm the author of that guide) because I am fed up of 4K content buffering through Plex, but I can't seem find where I can set media content as played or unplayed. I was doing a lot of testing with the settings this weekend so I kept stop / starting some 4K HDR content and it remained in the home screen to "continue watching" even after I used "stop" to back out of the content rather than pause > back.

It looks like I have to mark content via the web browser directly on the Emby server, hope I am just missing how to do it via the player!

• Solution
TeamB

You should be able to bring up the context menu and select mark watched for an item.

EmbyCon has a custom context menu that should override the default context menu by default. This behaviour can be changed in the addon settings.

• Thanks 1

Sparker

Yeah thanks I discovered when selecting media to long press select for the context menu which has a bunch of options I can scroll through, including Mark as Played.

Sparker
18 minutes ago, jlr19 said:

The  Kodi shortcut for it is hitting "W" (watched)

I am using a Logitech Harmony remote so I do not have a W button (it is a Nvidia Shield (2019) that Kodi is installed on.

TeamB
24 minutes ago, jlr19 said:

The  Kodi shortcut for it is hitting "W" (watched)

This will not work with EmbCon as the shortcut 'W' is an internal Kodi DB action and will not mark the Server item as watched.

CharleyVarrick
43 minutes ago, TeamB said:

This will not work with EmbCon as the shortcut 'W' is an internal Kodi DB action and will not mark the Server item as watched.

I stand corrected ( I'm a Emby for Kodi user)

I remember finding out about this shortcut in a funny way; I wake up one morning and had a ton of consecutive (alphabetically) movies all marked Watched.

Darn cat took a nap next to the laptop's left side and marked about 400 movies by long pressing W 😄

Edited by jlr19
  • Haha 1

CharleyVarrick

Good one, and here's the prequel

Those little furry friends will find and adopt all heat source in the winter time, so since the laptop had its exhaust fan right about there...

The same laptop was purposed as htpc a couple of years before the W incident.

One evening, wife and I were watching some movie on Kodi.

Then the movie began to skip badly. At first I thought bad copy or some network/kodi issue.

Tried same movie from file explorer, when I quickly realized I had little to no control on the whole pc.

I was thinking a nasty virus or major hardware failure, when I shoved my hand in the dark area under the tv where AV receiver and laptop reside, and as you might have guessed by now. found the cat stretched out on the warm keyboard, basically pressing dozens of keys at once.

• Like 1