Google shared drive libraries

Teddy
Go to solution Solved by kikinjo,

I have been using Emby server for PC for years, playing my libraries from several Google Shared Drives with the Raidrive application that generates
s a letter access for each Google shared drive on the PC as if they were local disks.
My question is if I buy an Nvidia Shield TV and install the Emby app server on it, can I access my Google shares drive and configure the libraries
as on the PC way?

But my question is if there is any way to do it on the Nvidia Shield as well as on the PC Server,forgetting about the PC
server and using Nvidia as server and client accessing those Google drives.
Edited by Teddy

• Solution
kikinjo

It is way better to do rclone google mount like Luke suggested. You will have better experience and alot more options for caching and similar.

Invest some time, research rclone gdrive mounting, there are also alot of posts and threads here on emby forum also.

First I'll say the Shield TV is not the optimal platform for doing this and you're going to spend more time tinkering then you likely want to do. Read through all of this and don't even attempt it unless you understanding everything and willing to risk bricking your Shield.  You will need to adjust items as needed but this is just an overview, not something you can specifically copy and paste.  I'd prefer you not attempt this but I'm giving you the overview so you have an idea of what's involved.

Not for the faint of heart.  "Buyer beware" comes to mind!

1) Root the Shield TV
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-root-nvidia-shield-experience-upgrade-v7-2-with-magisk-v18-0.3882254/

2) Install Termux via Google Play Store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux&hl=en_US

3) Config as:
3a) pkg install tsu nano rclone ssh
3b) setup ssh 41 (allows ssh -p 8022 your.shield.ip)
3c) nano $PREFIX/etc/ssh/sshd_config and add PermitRootLogin yes (if you put sshd into your startup script below)… I highly recommend you enter these commands through ssh as it makes it way easier than typing stuff into the android keyboard.
3d) if you do not use ssh and instead use termux to enter the commands, be sure to put tsu before all your commands

4) Install fbing
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-system-2019-1-23-fbind.3621814/

5) Setup rclone and other directories
5a) nano $HOME/.config/rclone/rclone.conf:
(you should probably setup rclone through rclone config and you can do this through ssh or Termux)

Copy to clipboard

[yourmount]
type = drive
scope = drive
client_id =
lient_secret =
token =

5b) mkdir /storage/emulated/0/Drive
all apps will be able to see this directory as the front for your rclone mount

5c) mkdir /storage/emulated/0/.mount
this is your fbind mount point, which is automatically replicated in /data/media/0/.mount and is your ghost mount point that will be bound to the Drive directory… it provides a funnel from the root permissions in /data/media/0/Drive to the readable directory at /storage/emulated/0/Drive

5d) mkdir /storage/emulated/0/temp (optional)

6) Execute and start everything
6a) rclone mount gdrive: /data/media/0/Drive \
--buffer-size 32M \
--vfs-cache-mode minimal \
--vfs-cache-max-size 4G \
--vfs-read-chunk-size 64M \
--dir-cache-time 72h \
--allow-other \
--allow-non-empty \
--fast-list \
--use-mmap \
--log-level INFO \
--log-file=/storage/emulated/0/temp/rclone-mount.log \
--daemon

6b)
su
fbind -b /data/media/0/.mount /data/media/0/Drive

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much Cayars, a great and detailed answer but I think I will forget the idea that Android had to see my Google shares and I
will continue using the SMB system as always.
Today I received the Nvidia Shield thinking that it would be better than the Dune HD I have, but I see that the configuration 
possibilities are much greater in the Dune device. I have already closed the box of the Nvidia Shield to return it.

Thanks again for great explanation.

Regards

The Shield TV is a great CLIENT DEVICE and probably nothing can touch it short of building a custom PC (HTPC) and even then the Shield TV is likely better for most people.

It's not a server platform but a client platform that can do some light server type duty.

What Dune device do you have?

1 hour ago, Teddy said:

This one:

https://www.dune-hd.com/products/dune-hd-pro-4k-ii

It has good hardware but better software than other android boxes.

Or the worst software compared to other android boxes as they cover it up with their own apps and UI and it's usually a couple versions behind. :)

But it's pretty good hardware with lots of config for HD material.

I'll say this.  I still prefer the Shield TV and it's my daily driver but this is quite a nice box.