trying to Importing an already made Playlist to emby server.

sdragon001
Go to solution Solved by sdragon001,

sdragon001

ok I've been trying to search this one up for a while now, I used to have a playlist for my MCU collection to play in chronological order. i have that playlist.xml saved. my question is, can i just place the folder that contains the playlist.xml into the playlist directory where other playlists are saved? I currently I don't have any playlists in there, will emby see it and add it to the server? 

using win 10 

why is this not easy?

Hi, no sorry that won't work.

EDIT: yes this will work with the correct XML structure & info.

Edited by cayars
  • Thanks 1

• Solution
sdragon001

Sorry I should of marked this solved, I did find away to manually import the XML list. 

I copied over my playlist folder that contained my old playlist. XML and it's poster art and banner and background. 

After I copied it to data/playlist 

I started emby server. Then right clicked on a tv show I had and made a test playlist. After I made said playlist I ran a library scan, it picked up my old playlist.xml and has imported it with all the correct info and settings I had. 

After that, I imported my trakt info for playstates and I now can pick up where I left off. 

It was a bit of a hassle but I did manage to get it to work. 

So in theory I could share my playlist, edit it in notepad to adjust any files that are wrongly pointing to incorrect file paths and drives. 

Oh so this was an existing EMBY PLAYLIST.

Sorry I misunderstood the question and thought it was playlist created outside of emby which wouldn't normally work.

Happy2Play

I don't see why not assuming everything is correct.  I just placed a Test [playlist]\playlist.xml in x:\Emby-Server\programdata\data\playlists and scanned the library and it was imported.

Only tested on beta.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play was that a playlist previously created by Emby or one you made following an existing Emby Playlist?

sdragon001

My playlist was not created by emby. I created mine along time ago before I switch from Pl#$ to emby and then I edited and made sure all my paths were corrected. I did create a test playlist to check the structure of the XML emby creates when you make a playlist that way. And most of it was all the same. 

Happy2Play
Just now, cayars said:

Happy2Play was that a playlist previously created by Emby or one you made following an existing Emby Playlist?

It was a backup of a existing playlist.  But I would assume if I properly formatted on it could be hand made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy2Play

Note all you should have needed to do is Scan the Playlist library after manually adding said item. or if you have RTM enable on Playlists it should pick up the addition after about 2 minutes.

• Thanks 1

sdragon001

Thank you happy2Play, looks like I made it more over complicated for myself. But even googling, there was no real instructions I could find anywhere. So I just did alot of unnecessary steps to get to the same outcome :)