Standard Def channel listings not showing up

gregoryacole

gregoryacole

Been using Schedules Direct, got their email and switched over to Emby as the guide provider.  Zip is 23225 and service is Verizon Fios.  It populates the info for high definition channels, but no info for standard def.  I thought the info was coming from the same place?  Any idea of what to look at?  All channels were present when using Schedules Direct.

Thanks!

Are these SD channels duplicates of other HD channels of the same channel?
If so is there any reasons to have the SD channels loaded?

That's one of the first things I do when loading channels is remove all duplicate SD channels as there is no need for them.  Emby can take the HD version and transcode it down if needed and you get a better looking station.

But if for some reason you do want the SD channels listed you can manually mapped them to the same version of the HD channel.  Both the SD and HD version of the channel will use the same guide info.

gregoryacole

We travel and use Emby over a Roku when we do.  Sometimes the internet speeds aren't real great, so it helps to use a SD channel.  For whatever reason, sometimes my Emby has a hard time starting up a HD stream when it needs to transcode significantly.  It is a Dell Optiplex with an i5-3470 with 14 gb of ram and a GTX 1050 ti for hardware encoding, attached to Silicon Dust cable card tuners.  When the download speeds are 2 and 3 megs, it seems to help starting with a standard def stream, and the WAF is better when the guide data is there.

I thought that since Emby and Schedules Direct were using the same data, it would have all the same info for the same channels.  How do I remap the guide?

Thanks

This KB Articles explains how to map the channels:
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001848809-live-tv-channel-mapping

For your issue not being able to use the transcoded HD channels.  May I ask if you have any SSD drives?

Have you tried changing your transcode directory to a different drive (preferably SSD)?
Transcoding->Transcoding temporary path:  is where you can set this.

Splitting up the IO in this way to different drives often improves transcoding Live TV so is worth a try.

gregoryacole

Thanks for the link, I'll get the guide sorted out.

The server is hosted on a Samsung 860 SSD, and the only thing it does is run Emby.  No other programs or services.  Running straight on physical hardware, not in a VM or anything like that.  My transcoding directory is left blank i the dashboard.  I guess I could try installing another SSD for transcoding, but it would seem like what is there should be enough.