Couple of Issues, Identification main one

jerren

Hey, so i got a couple of issues at the moment (some my own fault some not) If they should be seperate topics, just let me know and i'll split em up and change the topic title.  For now i'm just gonna list them under here.

I'll sort it chronologically as i seemed to stumble upon thing after thing the past few days.. And just for reference i'm running on Truenas 12.0-U1

1)  Some things in the library didn't seem to identify, so far i only looked at movies so no idea if there are other instances where this happens. When looking at the movie, it has a couple of images but no metadata nor are any of the DB ID's filled in. When trying to manually identify them via ... - identify - put in the ID, sometimes it would find the movie through the ID sometimes it wouldn't. But even when it found the movie through look up and selected it, it would adjust the movie. But on the next day, the movie has reverted to the state from before.

2) It's somewhat tied into the problem from above i think, not sure i'll just explain and let you guys decide if it's related. One of the movies that was wrong first time but could then get identified, now it removes it's metadata each day but also changes the identification i put on it the day before. So for this example i have a movie in a folder called "Death Note 2006" and i can identify it just fine (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758742/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_1) put the link for reference. But on the next day it's gonna switch to a different movie which is a death note movie from 2007 (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3355694/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0) again the link. But the bizarreness doesn't end there, it will also shows the movie twice, added a screenshot. image.png.15c8ca53b60f2b893f90faf94a10cc55.png

Now this is a 2CD movie so i thought it might be because of that, but messing around with the naming scheme didn't change anything. At the moment for clarity the 2 files are called Death Note CD1 2006 ....mkv

3) Now this one i'm not sure if it's so much an issue but it was a mistake on my part and while i'm asking stuff... While having these issues i thought i might just need to update Emby, so i went to the site, download, freebsd and blindly copied the pkg add -f link without thinking. Turned out the installation of Beta branch is put up there but not normaly install or update links. So now machine is accidently running on the Beta branch. I can't seem to find an easy way to revert. I tried to do the commands like i wrote down last time, with an actual link for the current stable branch but that just seems to do nothing. So not sure what to do about that one right now.

When you manually identify an item, scroll down almost to the very bottom you'll see a checkbox that says "Lock this item to prevent future changes". Otherwise on your next library scan, it will re-identify to whatever it was beforehand. 

As for reverting back from beta to stable, the only sane way to do it is to restore the jail from a previous snapshot where you had the stable installed. Otherwise I'd recommend creating a new jail, and use the backup/restore utility to restore your settings and watched history. Going backwards from beta to stable could result in database issues. Not sure if that would be the case between 4.5.x and 4.6.x but it's caused issues in the past and generally not recommended.

Hmm so i would have to do this for every movie i find like that? To be clear i spent quite some time last night going through them. Seems weird that it doesn't recognize them. For example a movie that i had to reidentify (it worked after a restart and multiple reidentify's) was Red. It kept identifying as something called "blossoming red". A movie i had never heard off or had in my library so i kinda want to understand why it's doing this to avoid it in the future. If there is no way then i'll just have to suffer through it. But i thought i would ask first. Also i just noticed i forgot to attach a log in my first post. So i'm gonna attach that now, maybe it will help.

Sadly i don't have a snapshot, still need to get myself into the habit of doing that before any kind of updating. So no going back to stable unless recreating it in a new jail. Sounds doable but if i don't do it. When this version becomes stable and i do the update thing (correctly this time) will i just go back on the normal train? Or is there no way other then going the recreate the jail way if i want to get back to stable?

I hope it will because last time i tried creating an extra jail with an emby in it, i could no longer acces my currently in use one. Then again that was probably a fuck up on the IP now that i think about it ...

embyserver (2).txt embyserver-63747043200.txt

Happy2Play
6 hours ago, jerren said:

Now this is a 2CD movie so i thought it might be because of that, but messing around with the naming scheme didn't change anything. At the moment for clarity the 2 files are called Death Note CD1 2006 ....mkv

What is the exact structure and naming on this?  But for file stacking like this you need to follow the kb naming scheme in the Split video files (file stacking) section.

Emby Movie Naming : Emby

I followed that guide, at first i put the CD parts at the end so after rereading that i adjusted it to what you see on the included screenshot. But still it identify's as the wrong movie and put's 2 in my library like my first post showed, one for each CD ( i know it probably doesn't matter but it also triggers me that it puts CD2 first in that double library view ^^ )

So Movies folder / Moviename folder / movie CD1 year & movie CD2 year 

image.png.ea0fce9c8d3a1150a70fca168318241c.png

Edited by jerren

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, jerren said:

I followed that guide, at first i put the CD parts at the end so after rereading that i adjusted it to what you see on the included screenshot. But still it identify's as the wrong movie and put's 2 in my library like my first post showed, one for each CD ( i know it probably doesn't matter but it also triggers me that it puts CD2 first in that double library view ^^ )

So Movies folder / Moviename folder / movie CD1 year & movie CD2 year 

image.png.ea0fce9c8d3a1150a70fca168318241c.png

Death Note (2006)/Death Note (2006)-cd1.avi

Death Note (2006)/Death Note (2006)-cd2.avi

I have not tested with any of this additional information be can see how that may throw off the automatic stacking.  

Possibly 

Death Note 2006/Death Note 2006 HDTV.Xvid.AC3.PiNER-cd1.avi

Death Note 2006/Death Note 2006 HDTV.Xvid.AC3.PiNER-cd2.avi

I am not seeing any identify in either log.

Changed the name to be more literally like the guide. A scan didn't change having the movie twice in the library, an identify did the same as before, seemed to recognize it just fine. Had to do it per CD though so now i removed the movie folder from my general movies folder.

- Restarted the server to see if it's still there, it is. For some reason a normal library scan can't get started (atleast i don't see it, maybe because of the beta?) so did a full scan on all library's. They are still there, i guess i can only do the delete option now and then copy the movie folder back into the general movies folder?

Happy2Play

I am not sure as I just added this

Death Note 2006/Death Note 2006 HDTV.Xvid.AC3.PiNER-cd1.avi

Death Note 2006/Death Note 2006 HDTV.Xvid.AC3.PiNER-cd2.avi

to my Windows server and had no issue with this being identified as one item.

part.thumb.jpg.903f6a068da833c966ac9a06a3919214.jpg

Unless this is a platform issue I am not able to reproduce the issue you see in 4.6.0.12 Windows.  Unless the future beta I have has an difference, but I don't really see how as nothing in Stacking has changed.

But Yes the wrong movie is returned from TMDB as there is a defect from them as a plus or minus year is added and they returned result are problematic.

2021-01-23 19:54:26.682 Info App: MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: Death Note
2021-01-23 19:54:26.684 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&query=Death+Note&language=en
2021-01-23 19:54:26.829 Debug App: Throttling Tmdb by 154 ms
2021-01-23 19:54:26.993 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/51482?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
2021-01-23 19:54:27.362 Debug App: Running OmdbItemProvider for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - DB\Death Note 2006\Death Note 2006 HDTV.Xvid.AC3.PiNER-cd1.strm
2021-01-23 19:54:27.371 Info HttpClient: GET https://private.omdbapi.com?apikey=fe53f97e&i=tt3355694&plot=short&tomatoes=true&r=json
2021-01-23 19:54:27.673 Debug App: Running BaseGenreCleaner for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - DB\Death Note 2006\Death Note 2006 HDTV.Xvid.AC3.PiNER-cd1.strm
2021-01-23 19:54:27.697 Info App: Genre 'TV Movie' removed from metadata for Death Note Relight 1: Visions of a God.
2021-01-23 19:54:27.697 Debug App: Running FanartMovieImageProvider for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - DB\Death Note 2006\Death Note 2006 HDTV.Xvid.AC3.PiNER-cd1.strm

But the stack files appear properly.

I just tried deleting the 2 seperate cd's in emby's library view and that gave me the following error.

There was an error deleting the item from Emby Server. Please check that Emby Server has write access to the media folder and try again.

So maybe something went wrong when updating to the beta, i honestly have no idea. Beginning to think MRobi had the right idea with installing in a fresh jail and restoring the backup into that. 

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, jerren said:

There was an error deleting the item from Emby Server. Please check that Emby Server has write access to the media folder and try again.

That would suggest there is a permission issue somewhere.  But am not fluent in all platforms to know if there could be any changes required.

Yeah think so too but i didn't change anything in a couple of weeks. Except updating Emby to the beta branch a couple of days ago. Before that i think i updated my jails to freebsd 12.2. I always leave several weeks if not months between updating things. This time i was dumb in my entire update Emby process so i can't exclude that it's because i upgraded my jails a few weeks ago.

It's past 5 am, i'm gonna go sleep before i try something dumb. If anyone has any thoughts or idea, i'll be glad to read them when i wake up ^^

27 minutes ago, jerren said:

I just tried deleting the 2 seperate cd's in emby's library view and that gave me the following error.

So maybe something went wrong when updating to the beta, i honestly have no idea. Beginning to think MRobi had the right idea with installing in a fresh jail and restoring the backup into that. 

This means the server tried to delete the files, but was denied permission by your file system. So resolve that and then you should be able to use the delete feature.

Ok. So. I made a new jail, installed Emby 4.5.4.0, download backup plugin, input premiere key, backup plugin did it's restore thing. And here's where i noticed things went wrong in the past, the scan library that happened right after the restore went fast until 90% from there on it took a couple of hours. So i think(?) that means about 10% of my data wasn't being seen before by Emby. So whatever was missing got scanned (i think), i watched it crawl to 94.3% then (i obviously didn't watch every single 0.1% tick by) it was done (again i assume).

So now that everything seemed fine, i decided to import that "Death Note" movie folder to the general movie library. It wasn't present anymore in the general movie library so it seemed safe to do. But again i got 2 of the wrong movie. I'll include screenshots, 1 is the new library view (yes i know it looks the same, that's the problem), 2 is a screenshot of what the metadata sees, 3 is the actual filename. So it sees the correct filename but for some reason it's not showing as 1 movie. 

So atleast i'm off the beta branch now but i still got 2 problems. 1) it's still showing as 2 seperate movies 2) it's still showing as the wrong movie. My main confusion here is that it keeps identifying to a movie from a different year even though the folder & movie name clearly have the correct year included. Looking at the External ID's IMDB has the wrong one and so does TheMovieDb but on IMDB i can atleast find the correct one while on TheMovieDb it can't be found. And yes i remember the option of locking an identification but i'm thinking about other movies that might not be identified correctly, i haven't checked others yet.

image.png.545198076285c31d2ab7d30fd3ca10ce.png

image.png.479ca74b35d8c4a6efab9d04ad80537b.png

image.png.b5d5018935d849c1e52290c30e511995.png

Happy2Play

But if your filename trailed with -cdx.ext it works correct?

Death Note 2006 HDTV.Xvid.AC3.PiNER-cd1.avi

As for automatic identify it is a defect of what is returned from TMDB.

I would bet that all the crap after your first cd1 (xvid, hdtv, pinner, etc...) could be affecting the stacking

I would just search the title, find the correct film, lock it in and be done. It's likely a fringe movie when you're saying both themoviedb and imdb have it id'd wrong. That sounds like a problem with the indexer and not really a problem with Emby.

@happy Nono it doesn't, that's the problem. It doesn't work correctly, it still shows like it does before (added a screenshot). 2 individual movies in my library in between the other movies. I'll change the name of the files in the individual movie folder to what you said and rescan see if it helps.

@mrobi i like to keep those things in the filename so i know what type and such it is. And like i said i know i can lock it in. And if i have any other movies that have the identification problem i'l probably do that if i can't figure out why they are doing it but here it's showing 2 movies while the guide says it will show 1 movie if i put those 2 files in 1 movie folder. 

image.png.66f4a2d3b79f7a11472f5cdde6c4d1df.png

Happy2Play

It does work as shown in my image above.  But it still is a matter of why it does not work for you.  But without testing every naming scheme, I am pretty sure stacking has to trail filename.

But a test would be removing all the addintional naming stuff and just test moviename (year)-cd1.ext.

Edited by Happy2Play

Ok it finished it's scan and i have no idea why, but naming it like it was in the first place worked ..... 

No idea why it worked but it did. Still the wrong movie but now i can do the identification and lock it in like MRobi said earlier.

image.png.b64101950da5d61fc48754576b773216.png

image.png.0bb4e57672f4d051527fc85df3315a0c.png

If i notice more movies that have the identification problem, is it ok if i still post in here?

I kind of want to figure out why it doesn't identify at times, and just in case anyone comes here looking for answers i'll post back in case i find more and fix it myself. That way people will know what to do. 

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, jerren said:

If i notice more movies that have the identification problem, is it ok if i still post in here?

Yes

But as to misidentification I can always happen unless Emby remove the +/- year variance do to it actually being that way on TMDB do to different release dates in different countries.  But exact searching can be problematic also.  To me there is no 100% way of auto identification off of name/year alone.

Ok so i found one thing. If you have movies in multiple series and in the past you named them Movie 1 moviename - Movie 2 moviename - Movie 3 moviename. For example Alien 1 1986 will give issues, gotta name it to it's original name and it's fine, so it becomes Alien 1986 seems obvious now but didn't seem to be a problem in the past. Now we know :)

Hmm one more thing i can't figure out. I've got a couple of movies from Bleach and at first they were all seen in the library but 2 were not being identified. So tried changing the name of the file, didn't work. I then made a movie folder "Bleach Hell Verse 2010"  and put the file in didn't change anything on that yet after my earlier attempts "Bleach Movie 4 - Hell Verse Dual.Audio]...", scanning the movie library however did not show the movie anymore. When checking the log it says "removing item from database" at the end, keep in mind i just did crtl+f on the log and search for hell to find it,the other movie which is called fade to black seems to have the same issue.

Log attached

embyserver-63747137175.txt

So i still have no idea why it wouldn't show them but i did find something which again is kind of obvious but got overlooked by me. This is the original name of the bleach movie "Bleach Movie 4 - Hell Verse Dual.Audio][Eng-Jap] 1080p H264 AAC 5.1 - LaXuS" that's what couldn't be found anymore by Emby, i say anymore because it could in the past. Now the only way i could manage to get it found (AND identified automatically) is by naming it "Bleach Movie 4 - Hell Verse" So it seems that naming it numberwise like i did there with the 4 doesn't matter in this case. Yet with the Alien movies it seemed like the only way to get it to be identified properly. 

@jerren Have you read the naming structures for Emby?

Emby Movie Naming

Once you've prepared your media files, it's time to name your media in a way that allows Emby the best chance of determining what it is. The best way to do this is to use the format: "MovieName (year).extension" such as "Top Gun (1986).mp4" or "Avatar (2009).mkv". 

I know you like having all the extra stuff in there like quality, audio formats, video formats, release group, etc... but everything you add just increases the chance of the file not being identified properly because Emby doesn't know "LaXuS" is a release group and not part of the movie name. 

Also... everything you're wanting to keep in the file name, is all displayed within Emby anyways because it detects it from the file regardless of what you have it named. Aside from the release group name that is.

Capture.PNG

@MRobi Yes, yes i have. Multiple times even and i referenced and or linked it in this post several times. I know it says those things. I'm just trying to understand why it works fine for most and then fails for others. I've actually spent my day trying to figure out things like that. I find such things interesting, that's why before continuing to post i asked if it was fine if i kept posting things i discovered. I have even been contemplating applying the complex folder structures, you know all movies with A in folder named A but i decided to hold on off on that while i was looking into this. And if anyone else is curious like me in the future they can benefit of it. 

So for people with identification problems, here's some stuff i learned.

Alot of things need to be right for scrapers to work, i tried listing up things below. If your edgecase doesn't fall under that then just use the last options they work.

So example of things that can mess it up, moviename in your library "theres ..." moviename in the databases "there's ..." So just not having the ' in between e & s can already mess up the identification. This can be the case for : . any kind of character really.
Also proving to be problematic is things like, directors cut, extended edition, any kind of variation of the normal movie name basically will sometimes mess up the identification. Most common problems (for me) seems to be with movies that have multiple words in the title.

Here are some things in naming that sometimes work, sometimes they don't, no idea why don't know enough about such things unfortunately.

Can work but sometimes it doesn't.
Movie series
movie 1 - name
movie 2 - name
movie 3 - name

Movie.name.audio.tag.codectag.extension 

Sometimes it helps to remove the item that isn't identifying from the folder, move it to a different folder (not in an emby library) let emby scan, then move it back. 

What always works so far (is what's on Emby's naming scheme)

In the end, if you don't want to change the filename to your file, you technically can leave it as is but you will have to do one of the following if you want proper identification on it.

When you see the movie in your library, you got 2 options. 
1) type name and year in identfy and see if it comes up, if it does then boom take the correct option and move on to the other step 
2) You can look it up on one of the databases, put in the database ID you found in the identify window

Choosing 1 or 2, after that you need to go to metadata, scroll down and tag "lock this item to prevent future changes". That way you won't have to do it again for that specific item in the future.

All that being said though, at this point in time the only thing that i am unsure of is the 3D videos naming, which to be clear i followed the guide for that as well

Example in the guide:

/Movies
  /300 (2006)
    /300 (2006) - 1080p.mkv
    /300 (2006) - 720p.mp4
    /300 (2006) - 3d-hsbs.mp4
    /300 (2006) - 3d.hsbs.mp4
    /300 (2006) - 3d.mvc.mp4

So for my personal problem i have the movie "avatar" in a folder just like 300 is in the example, yes name with year. In the folder i got the normal version and the 3D version. 1) In my library view i still got 2 videos next to eachother, is that intended? I did go into the metadata for the 3D version and selected the right 3D format (on other movies it did it automatically). 2) Or is it intended to be you choose the movie and then on the movie page you select which version you want to see?

So folder wise that is

/movies

/avatar (2009)

/avatar (2009) 3DHSBS

/avatar (2009) standard

Decided to add some screenshots to help explain what i'm trying to say.

image.png.cf1bbcbe7ccbe53b19ae88c6bdbfc6eb.png

So yes i see that it has the extended stuff behind it but it's getting identified so i don't think that matters here. My point is more the double view in the library.

image.png.77ad79eade0fb3c4f0054c7cd099b22e.png

So for this movie i can just select an image that has a 3D logo on it but there are other movies where the database doesn't have such images.

• Like 1