Downloading problem

Cudaman19

Cudaman19

When using the download feature you have two option as to where to put the file, internal and external. Both options will download the file into the emby folder which is in the android/data folder either on an sd card or internal storage.

The problem is with the new android 11, android took away the ability to have control over the android/data folder. You can no longer see or control anything in those folders. Once you download a movie and watch it deleting it from the download area doesnt actually delete it from the file on the sd card it just deletes it from the emby download area. You had to go in and delete it from the folder using file manager which is no longer allowed through android.

Is there anyway for you to add the abilty to use a certain path that you want a download to go instead of the now locked emby folder whixh you can no longer get to.

Every time i want to free up space on my sd card I have to format the while card instead of just removing the movies.

Thanks

Is there anyway for you to add the abilty to use a certain path that you want a download to go instead of the now locked emby folder whixh you can no longer get to.

Hi, unfortunately the newer versions of android have locked down file system access for apps pretty tight, so the options that we're presenting to you are the locations that the app has write access for.

Once you download a movie and watch it deleting it from the download area doesnt actually delete it from the file on the sd card it just deletes it from the emby download area. You had to go in and delete it from the folder using file manager which is no longer allowed through android.

This should still work though. How exactly are you deleting it?