Many movie actors picture needs to be manually downloaded

CharleyVarrick
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

CharleyVarrick
13 hours ago, mickle026 said:

If its not doing anything then tmdb might no longer have the images or restart you server if you havent since running the plugin so changes are committed to the library.db, then every refresh should work as normal.

You were right, I restarted my server and refresh metadata now work as expected.

mickle026
7 minutes ago, jlr19 said:

You were right, I restarted my server and refresh metadata now work as expected.

I am glad everything is back on track to being normal again.

CharleyVarrick
13 hours ago, mickle026 said:

I had limited success with refreshing metadata myself at the higher library level.  Always seems to work better done on every movie rather than the library, I have no idea why - but still tedious.

Between library-wide  refresh (which don't seem to work, at least in my case) and refreshing a single movie at a time (works perfectly but ultra tedious) lays another option:

multi selection, that I will try and report on.

image.thumb.png.aea9a0aa5cde7657eb16fd4832fdb8df.png

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick
On 2/11/2021 at 3:32 PM, mickle026 said:

I had limited success with refreshing metadata myself at the higher library level.  Always seems to work better done on every movie rather than the library, I have no idea why - but still tedious. 

I can attest to that; TV shows at the top of the alphabetical order were looking much better, while shows title beginning with letter "M" and beyond were the worst.

I lost count of how many M+ shows I had with say, 3 actors showing, refresh metadata (on the show), then refresh and actor count went from 3 to 20.

As if library wide metadata refresh always time out after a while, so it always refresh the same a-b-c-d-e  and then times out.

A Sr noob suggestion:

Maybe Emby should do first 10%, pause a few minutes, then do another 10%, pause and so on, instead of trying to do them all at once (and failing).

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

Or...

image.png.ec18e6c9828a349b637d394fafcd949a.png

Then, from folder view of "A" (all movies titles starting with A), refresh metadata

I would still need to do 27 MD refresh, but that sure beats doing 15k.

• Like 1

That's exactly what I do as it would be cray hard finding movies on my system otherwise with tens of thousands of movies.

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick
On 2/12/2021 at 1:44 AM, cayars said:

Looks like a contest to see who can find the movie with the most actors listed. :)

It now is !

You Don't Mess with the Zohan, I have 189 listed actors. LOL

Edited by jlr19
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jlr19 said:

It now is !

Not sure which to be more impressed with, the number of items or the fact you actually counted them. LOL

• Haha 2

GrimReaper
18 hours ago, jlr19 said:

It now is !

Looks like your "Missing actors" problem got 'over-solved'© 😂

• Haha 2