Microsoft Edge Playback Issues Making Everything Unwatchable

oxhey

rooser11
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

@rooser11 the web app does not have any issues with embedded subtitles.  Please see 

Thanks.

Eh, for some files in my collection, the web player works with subs but for some others it does not.  external players do not have any problem with the same files.  Unfortunately, I have not had the time to really go through different variations in my collection mp4 + ass, mp4 + srt, mkv + srt, mkv + pgssub and so on to find out what combinations result in this buggy behavior and for now I plan to stick to mpv since I need tone-mapping for windows devices.  A part of me think that forcing direct play / direct stream has something to do with this, maybe, but who knows.  If things change and I will need the web player, then I will do the formal bug reporting.  Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
richard.arets
On 17/07/2021 at 03:01, kurtgschumacher said:

My server just started stuttering on Edge last night so I did a bit of research and found a fix.

1. Click the three dots in the upper right of the screen, then select "Settings".
  2. Select "System" towards the bottom of the left sidebar
  3. Turn off "Use hardware acceleration when available"
  4. Restart Edge

No more stuttering. I wondered if Edge was getting confused with Emby also using hardware acceleration, so I turned it back on in Edge and off in Emby. Edge was still c-c-c-onf-f-fused.

I know this a bit late. Your solution worked 100% for me. Thank You