Copying (Migrating) Home movie metadata and actors to a new QNAP server

Sootchucker

Sootchucker

HI all. I've been in the process of migrating my QNAP Library from my old QNAP TS-453a to my new TVS-473E. Everything's gone according to plan however I have a number of "home movies" (i.e. Holiday videos), that on the old QNAP I'd painstakingly done cover art work (Poster images, backgrounds etc) as well as actors (my family and I), with photos and bios etc. They always get a laugh when people watch them and so i'd like them to appear in the new library. When they have appeared on the new QNAP however, just the basic movies are there without any of the metadata enhancements I'd done to them on the old server, so Emby just uses a still frame image from the movie as a cover art "place holder".

Trouble is, I can't locate all of the files I'd used as backgrounds etc. I still have access to my Emby library  on the old QNAP and they all still appear, and I was wondering if there was a way to somehow copy all of the data across to the new QNAP library (I hope I've made myself clear ?)

@Sootchucker I take it you didn't have the library setup to write out an NFO or save the graphics with the media?

That would have made things super simple.  Now it's a complex process without a simple way to do this that I can think of.

I might have an idea.  If you still have the old NAS and all the files (don't delete them) could you find the library.db, zip it and PM it to me?

I may be able to help you out a bit, but no promises. :)