Storage Enclosure System vs NAS

Airbender

gthrift

He has to use the RAID controller for the port splitting, or whatever it's called.

I did see in a google search that there is BIOS for the raid card just for JBOD if you are not going to use RAID.  There was a discussion on the flexraid forum about it.

johnchimpo

johnchimpo and gthrift

You both are correct i am going to use FilexRaid with Raid F Combo in the future but right now it is JOBD with NO Raid

on windows 7 64 bit

Thanks

Is it working now? Did you try removing all but one drive and writing that way. Need to determine if its a problem with your desktop  I/O, enclosure card, or eSata connection.

Airbender

Is it working now? Did you try removing all but one drive and writing that way. Need to determine if its a problem with your desktop  I/O, enclosure card, or eSata connection.

Hi did not try anything as i left to work so mybe tonight i will have to test it + i open a case with san digital as if i cant fix this on time i will have to send the unit back and get full refund

Airbender

Hello

Not getting anywhere with my sans digitl unit so i seriously thinking to return it and get my money back

does anyone recommand a diffrent brand to look into ?

i have until thursday to returen it back for full refund

Thanks

Airbender

Hello

i think i know where the problem could be it is either the Controller card driver or controller card by it self. This unit used eSATA 6Gbps (via Port Multiplier)

my motherboard comes with 2 e-sata but JOBD or slicon image is not Port Multiplier for all 8 drives to be seen at once. in this case i either have to return the item and get my money back or buy JOBD eSata Card that support 6GBPS and Port Multiplier on windows 7 Enterprise or ultimate X64 bit.

So i guess back to original issue again

Airbender

Hello

Vantec card did not work with my unit which is 8 Hard drives , spoke to support and they said Max drives are 4 so i had to RMA it and get my money back from newegg and now in market again looking for a card again

San Digital guys said they can do a card swap from what i have RR622 Dual-Port eSATA 6Gb/s PCIe 2.0 x1 RAID Controller  to Roket Raid 642 just to see if it fix the issue with Speed problem
also they said something about there cards support FIS and not CBS so mybe i need to find a port multiplier with FIS and Support for 8 Hard drives at Sata 6 Gbps on e-Sata

back to step one again

Thanks

Airbender

Hello

For better discriptions so others can know also before they run into an issue like me

Supports Port Multiplier FIS Based Switching or Command Based Switching

• 3 weeks later...