Emby and Trakt.tv issues and not working Fail

sdragon001

sdragon001

this happens every time i try to sync trakt. below is failure log 

ive reset and made a new token trough trakt enabled emby again. deleted catch everything i could possible think of.

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.Get(HttpRequestOptions options)
at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass32_0.&lt;<getfromtrakt>b__0&gt;d.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.Retry[T](Func`1 function)
at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.GetFromTrakt(String url, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TraktUser traktUser)
at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SendGetAllWatchedMoviesRequest(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncMovies(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncUserLibrary(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)</getfromtrakt>

Hello sdragon001,

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Can you upload a screen shot of your Trakt settings.  You can blur out/cover anything personal.

sdragon001

My settings are all default, nothing changed. It's all under my user name. And that's where the pin code goes aswell. 

Sorry kept getting am error trying to up load screen shot. 

But nothing is checked for excluded folder/paths 

What is checked is:

Skip unwatched import from trakt

Export media info 

What's not checked is: 

Update trakt watched Durning schedule task 

Sync collection during scheduled task 

Enable debugging. 

I have tried have all checked, some check or none checked and still same result. 

sdragon001

Also I'll add I do not have any task triggers set either. Everytime I did in the past, it would fail on that but if I did it manual it was fine. 

I don't know what I'm doing wrong or if I screwed up my server build. It's just running in Windows 10 current updates, emby is current. Plugin for trakt is current. 

Running on 

Cpu: I7-6700hq GPU:Nvidia GeForce GTX 960m 

Ram: SK Hynix 16 GB 

This is what I see in the log:

2020-12-24 06:47:51.121 Info Trakt: Playback Started
2020-12-24 06:47:51.121 Info Trakt: Could not match user with any stored credentials

So that would seem to indicate an issue with your account on trakt like a ban or something assuming you token is good.

sdragon001

I just revoked the old one as the issue was with that one too, then in the emby plugin I click get pin, loads webpage click yes then pin, save pin in emby plugin, click save. And test. No success. 

Now on their web page. I login to my account, everthing is in good standing. No issues on that side at all. 

Now this wasn't always an issue. It used to work before November of this year. And since I work out of town I haven't had much time to look into it until now. 

(Edit) I can also visibly see the new token was added to trakt via my setting menu where it says I've giving access and such time and date. 

Edited by sdragon001

I would email them and see if they placed a ban on your account for API use.

This has happened to a few users and they can get a token and can login fine.  Other than confirmation from trakt they wouldn't know except that API calls don't work.

You could also try to sync to a different trakt account and if that works would give strong indication of a ban in place.

Let us know how this works.  It's one reason that can cause this issue and is pretty easy to test so...

If the new account has the same issue, we need to dig deeper.

sdragon001

Just sent up a new temp account for takt.tv and everything seemed to sync fine. No failures whatso ever. I wonder why they have a ban for API use on my account. 

It could just be a config issue on their side but sounds like you need to reach out to them and have them check your account.

sdragon001

Thank you for all the help, I truly appreciate it durning the holiday times. I've sent them an email about it all. Hoping they can give me some answers and possibly fix the issue. 

• 3 weeks later...
sdragon001

they told me i created an api or something and had a website selected and it showed high data, i went into the settings and nothing was there. inturn i deleted the account and started fresh and everything is working great.

Gilgamesh_48
25 minutes ago, sdragon001 said:

they told me i created an api or something and had a website selected and it showed high data, i went into the settings and nothing was there. inturn i deleted the account and started fresh and everything is working great.

From time to time it seems that the Emby Trakt plugin goes crazy somehow. When I suddenly lost the ability to use Trakt, as I detailed in another thread thread, I had done nothing different and Trakt reported that I suddenly had 1000s and 1000s of api hits to Trakt. It was not anything I did at all and, after Trakt reset my account, everything has been fine and my activity is low normal.

I have no idea what is happening at all and no idea if there is anything that can be done to prevent it from happening again.

My guess is that there is actually a bug of some kind in Trakt's api interface and every so often things just go haywire. I keep a backup free Trakt account active just in case but there has been no need for it, thank goodness. I do not think that the Emby plugin is actually at fault but rather the Trakt bug get activated on some kind of rare combination of events. Of course "I could be wrong, but I don't think so."

Edited by Gilgamesh_48
  • Thanks 1