Movie starting 12-15 seconds in issue

jsc1205
Go to solution Solved by jsc1205,

jsc1205

I currently use Emby on a Shield TV Pro in our dedicated home theater but remotely, I will use it on my iPad or android cell phone.

For some reason, when using the iPad, there are a couple of movies that will not play from the very beginning but rather 13-15 seconds in.  Trying to rewind back to very beginning doesnt work either.  Have no idea why this keeps happening.  Shield and android cell phone works fine.

Also, if I do try to mess with the rewind with one of these movies, if I exit out of the movie, it keeps playing.  I have to totally get out of the app and force close it to make it stop.

Any ideas on why?  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
jsc1205
8 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Maybe related to this?

I would have to concur because I only see this problem using Emby on my iPad.  It does NOT happen on my Shield TV Pro.

On 1/9/2021 at 6:12 PM, jsc1205 said:

I would have to concur because I only see this problem using Emby on my iPad.  It does NOT happen on my Shield TV Pro.

Can we please look at an example like I previously requested? Thanks.

jsc1205
On 1/10/2021 at 9:50 PM, Luke said:

Luke, what exactly can I attach that will help you guys figure out why this is happening.  Thanks!

jsc1205
On 1/10/2021 at 9:50 PM, Luke said:

Luke, not sure what to show you other than several movies will start at 10 secs into the movie instead of the very beginning.  I'm only seeing this on my iPad (using latest version from the App Store).  Current server on my Synology NAS is 4.5.4.0.  This is exactly what vdatanet has described above and in this thread:  

Evidently this is only happening on iOS devices.

vdatanet

That's an Emby MPV player issue affecting iOS and tvOS.

Edited by vdatanet

jsc1205
3 hours ago, vdatanet said:

That's an Emby MPV player issue affecting iOS and tvOS.

vdatanet

What exactly did you provide for this problem?  I tried to obtain a log from my iPad, but you cannot even click on it and does nothing.  

jsc1205

Not only are some movies starting 10 secs in instead of the very beginning using an iOS device (iPad in my case), now I'm getting something entirely weird.

I start a movie and about 2 mins in, the screen flashes to the black screen saying Emby, flashes back the movie, flash to Emby screen, circle working icon...back and forth, then completely shuts down.

Have no idea why this is happening.  Any ideas?  If you ask for log file from Emby on my iPad, you cannot even click on it.

HI there, yes this has been reported before. We are looking into it. We will be updating the embedded player that we use soon and we'll see if that helps with that. Thanks.

jsc1205
On 1/28/2021 at 7:42 PM, Luke said:

HI there, yes this has been reported before. We are looking into it. We will be updating the embedded player that we use soon and we'll see if that helps with that. Thanks.

Luke - any on word this will be coming out?  Since it keeps happening, using Emby on an iPad (or any iOS) device is kind of useless until resolved.  Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
jsc1205

@Luke @cayars  Last input on this issue was that it was being looked into to fix.  I can report that it has NOT been fixed, so is this on the radar to implement and get resolved?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

@jsc1205 The upcoming update to the Emby for iOS app will have an updated mpv player that will hopefully resolve this.

I did a couple quick tests of movies with DTS and was not able to reproduce.

jsc1205
On 3/3/2022 at 11:21 PM, Luke said:

@jsc1205 The upcoming update to the Emby for iOS app will have an updated mpv player that will hopefully resolve this.

I did a couple quick tests of movies with DTS and was not able to reproduce.

Any idea when the update will be out?

• 3 weeks later...