Malformed subtitles

Cthalpa
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Cthalpa

After latest update for ios and ipados, subtitles where the letters FF (ff) is displayed in conjunction, it is being malformatted.

E.G. a subtitle line could be " - Blabla blabla insufficient. " It will show up as "insufficient"
I have not testet if it happens with transcoded subtitles, since most of my titles have subrip.
This only happens with the letter F/f

FYI. Server is running newest linux beta.

unnamed (2).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
jackthedoc

The rendering of “double F” in words as small font capitals appears to have been resolved in the latest release of the iOS app (downloaded today); but now other anomalies have appeared. Letters joined together and some strange looking shapes, but quite legible. Even if the subtitles persist with these anomalies I wouldn’t object, but it would be aesthetically pleasing if the font renderings were perfect. 

33 minutes ago, jackthedoc said:

The rendering of “double F” in words as small font capitals appears to have been resolved in the latest release of the iOS app (downloaded today); but now other anomalies have appeared. Letters joined together and some strange looking shapes, but quite legible. Even if the subtitles persist with these anomalies I wouldn’t object, but it would be aesthetically pleasing if the font renderings were perfect. 

Hi there, can you please show a screenshot example? Thanks !

Cthalpa
20 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please show a screenshot example? Thanks !

Hi Luke.

Perhaps it would just be easier to undo the changes done to the ios subtitle formatting since 2.0.3?
There was no issues prior to this version..