How to remove playlists from side column

Jonathan1683

Jonathan1683

Hello with the new update i have a giant list of MP3 playlists that overtake my screen on the left column where manage server is. Is there a way to remove this? I click the collapse button and it hides it but next time i am on the screen it's back again.

Thank you,

• Like 1

Hi, you currently can't but you can expect there will be options to manage this in future updates. thanks for the feedback.

• Like 2

Thankfully I'm not the only one.
Figured it would save cookies, so I removed em all, reopened, collapsed the playlist column, reopened browser.

Still there.

Needs to be removed or a setting to disable, SUPER annoying having to scroll down for miles and miles or click the playlist to collapse it to get to the vital Manage Emby section...
Maybe if you have an admin account, move that to the top? Or have options to customise the layout for admin accounts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
rcharbo

Has this been resolved? No matter how many times I close that it reopens the next time. Please make it go away

Edited by rcharbo

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, rcharbo said:

Has this been resolved? No matter how many times I close that it reopens the next time. Please make it go away

Sorry no.

This is do to the navdrawercontent.js being scripted to data-expanded="true".

Adding options to control this is on my to do list, so stay tuned.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

jim3211

i hate it .

it should only have playlist i make.. not automatically create them. if i try to delete them it says it will remove the files from my library. i don't want that.

i could do without it altogether if that's how it works

Edited by jim3211

1 hour ago, jim3211 said:

it should only have playlist i make.. not automatically create them

Hi.  We don't automatically create playlists.  We do read all the ones you have though.

Hi, If these are music playlists I would try searching your music folders for any m3u files which can create music playlists for you.

• Like 1

jim3211
22 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi, If these are music playlists I would try searching your music folders for any m3u files which can create music playlists for you.

thanks

there were a bunch of those playlist files..i don't know where they came from, but i deleted them and that cleared up everything. thanks again...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
popliviustefan

Hi!

If I can have a question: is there a way to ignore the playlists (m3u, m3u8, pls etc.) that are found in the library?

I have the following situation (which I think it may happen very well to a lot of people):

I have a fairly large music collection (several hundreds GBs) and a lot of them have playlists inside, due to the fact that the torrents were generated that way, including playlists.

So Emby will import all these playlists (which are mostly per album). I end up with around 1k of playlists.

Deleting all the playlist files isn't a viable solution because most of them are live torrents, and removing part of a downloaded torrent which is seeding creates another set of complications.

So, is there a way to tell Emby to ignore certain file types when scanning a library folder?

I ask this because I would still like to use this feature, create my own libraries. But if those are spread between another 1k libraries, it kind of becomes useless.

Thank you for the time to read my post!

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 3:50 PM, popliviustefan said:

Hi!

If I can have a question: is there a way to ignore the playlists (m3u, m3u8, pls etc.) that are found in the library?

I have the following situation (which I think it may happen very well to a lot of people):

I have a fairly large music collection (several hundreds GBs) and a lot of them have playlists inside, due to the fact that the torrents were generated that way, including playlists.

So Emby will import all these playlists (which are mostly per album). I end up with around 1k of playlists.

Deleting all the playlist files isn't a viable solution because most of them are live torrents, and removing part of a downloaded torrent which is seeding creates another set of complications.

So, is there a way to tell Emby to ignore certain file types when scanning a library folder?

I ask this because I would still like to use this feature, create my own libraries. But if those are spread between another 1k libraries, it kind of becomes useless.

Thank you for the time to read my post!

Hi, there is currently no way to ignore them, but this question has come up before. We can look at adding a library option into the 4.7 release. Thanks.

Happy2Play
30 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, there is currently no way to ignore them, but this question has come up before. We can look at adding a library option into the 4.7 release. Thanks.

At a minimum it needs to be default collapsed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2022 at 10:59 AM, popy said:

+1 for this.

@LukeAny news on this?

Not yet but it is in our plans to make it more controllable in future updates. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
DonMacaroni
On 11/16/2021 at 10:37 PM, Happy2Play said:

At a minimum it needs to be default collapsed.

Yes, I completely agree on that, currently that sidebar can get easily very long.
I personally have ~120 playlists, that means lots of sidebar scrolling :D

Edited by DonMacaroni
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
thelanranger

I'd also like to bump this for some mechanism to ignore playlist files that are on the system being added. Same as above. Making custom playlists is useful for music but having it import the 5,000 .m3u files of the list of albums is completely pointless but I can't really delete those files if they're part of torrents/collections. There needs to be a way (in general, not just playlists) to ignore specific file types in a given library. The mechanism would also be useful to ignore other types of media from being added to libraries by ignoring *.mov or something that you would like to keep in the movies folder but don't want inside of emby.

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, thelanranger said:

Making custom playlists is useful for music but having it import the 5,000 .m3u files

Did you see the option in library setup?

Import playlist files
Playlists found in your media directories can be imported into Emby Server.

• Like 1