Trakt not syncing or updating correctly

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

Since the middle of November my Emby servers on three different computers has failed to update at all and there is never anything showing as currently playing in Trakt.

If I run "Sync library to trakt.tv" it returns after a second or two with "failed" if I run "Import playstates from Trakt.tv" it returns after one second and nothing in Trakt or Emby gets changed but there is no error displayed. Also Trakt never displays anything about what I am currently watching.

This happens on three different computers and all three worked fine up to about the middle of November.

I can log into Trakt just fine and I have removed and reinstalled Trakt on all three computers and, in the process of the, I deleted the config file for the plugin.

I "think" I have tried all the normal "Dumb person" things and I need some "smart person" ideas.

I want to restate that this problem is on three different computers so it really cannot be anything related to local configuration.

I really think it is something in Trakt but dealing with the folks here is easier than dealing with people at Trakt so I thought I would start here. 
Thanks in advance.

Edit:
It looks like this might be the part of the log that applies to this but I have no idea what it means:

*** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.6.0.6
    Command line: C:\Users\jt\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19041
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.8
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: C:/Users/jt/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 8
    Data path: C:\Users\jt\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application path: C:\Users\jt\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Locked
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.Get(HttpRequestOptions options)
       at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.<<GetFromTrakt>b__0>d.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.Retry[T](Func`1 function)
       at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.GetFromTrakt(String url, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TraktUser traktUser)
       at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SendGetAllWatchedMoviesRequest(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncMovies(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.SyncUserLibrary(User user, TraktUser traktUser, ISplittableProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

embyserver.txt

Edited by Gilgamesh_48

That locked response is coming from Trakt so guidance will be needed from them. It might mean that your account is locked.

Gilgamesh_48
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

That locked response is coming from Trakt so guidance will be needed from them. It might mean that your account is locked.

Thanks. I have asked over at Trakt but they have not replied at all. They are not nearly as responsive as you folks here. They are more like my ex-wife. Cold and unresponsive. 

Since it really does not hamper my Emby usage it is not really important but it is irritating. I will try some more to get some response from Trakt.

Thanks.

Gilgamesh_48
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Just another update I sort of fixed the problem.

Since Trakt has not responded at all to my questions I created a new account. It is just a regular account (not VIP) but I do not really need any of the VIP "features."
After creating the account I linked Emby and Trakt on my three servers and as if by magic suddenly everything is working.

While not an ideal solution, since I do not need anything VIP, I can just create a new account every time this problem shows up.

My original account does not seem to be "locked" in any way but Trakt does not communicate so I do not know for sure.

But it is working now and that is mostly all that matters.

Gilgamesh_48

@Luke Trakt finally got back to me and they asked me to fill out a trouble ticket so they could unlock my account. However I could find NOTHING on their site that said anything about a "trouble ticked" so a used their "contact us" form. I hope that was what they meant.

As I said I now have a working system but I think I would like to use my full featured account.

It is hard to deal with them as they seem, mostly, to have poor communication skills and their communications are always quite "terse."

At least this is not a bug in Emby or in the Trakt plugin. They did say that the error generated should have directed to contact Trakt support to fill out a trouble ticket to get the account unlocked. 

I am still not at all sure what could have triggered the lock or even how to know that an account has been locked as my Trakt account seems fully functional, except for the link with Emby, and nowhere do I see any message about it being locked.

I do wish the error messages on both sides were better or actually showed somehow on the Trakt dashboard page..

vdatanet

Hi, at Support & Feedback for Trakt you can click on "Contact support". Some time ago Trakt failed to sync and I had to delete the config file and authorize Trakt plugin again. I don't know if it's the same problem, but it's worth a try.

Gilgamesh_48
6 hours ago, vdatanet said:

Hi, at Support & Feedback for Trakt you can click on "Contact support". Some time ago Trakt failed to sync and I had to delete the config file and authorize Trakt plugin again. I don't know if it's the same problem, but it's worth a try.

That is where I have already sent them a message but I have heard nothing back.

As I said I have tried all the "dumb person things including the deleting of the config file and even completely uninstalling deleting everything and reinstalling. Nothing fixed the problem until I created a new account and linked that to Emby. The new account works fine and the old one does not. Even Trakt implies that the old account is locked but, since the new account works, this is kind of a moot point.

paulsalter

Sounds similar to this one from a short while back

If you look on the trakt website at viewing history (episodes or movies) and sort by Most Watched, do you have very high figures?

It looks like a new feature, where if an app sends excessive amounts of data, the account get locked out until Trakt unlock it