Android App Notification bar - add close button

runtimesandbox

runtimesandbox

Can we get a close button on the Android app notification? Currently all other media player apps (Youtube, spotify, netflix etc) all have a small X on the notification to close the app. Emby doesn't and sometimes even after I have finished watching something and closed the app the notification will still there until I force close the app.

Attached images show the Emby and Youtube app notifications

Screenshot_20201101-154326.png

Screenshot_20201101-154340.png

• Like 1

runtimesandbox

Hi Luke, on Android 11 that doesn't seem to be possible (On my older Android 10 device it wasn't possible either, it just brings up a settings icon instead)

Seems to work just fine in my testing as I do this multiple times daily, but yes we can add a close button.

runtimesandbox

It works when a media item is playing and you are not in the app. The notification appears at the top with the play controls and you can swipe this away.

The notifications in the screenshot are when items aren't playing or have finished playing and its not possible to swipe it away

• 5 months later...
jerminat0r

Sorry if this is "against the rules," (resurrecting and old thread). Got here specifically by way of a Google search result and updating it to ask if there is any update on this request?

Currently running on a OnePlus 6T with Android 10 and have noticed that in some instances when I lock my phone screen with Emby app running, whenever I come back and unlock, there is no way to get the notification bar icon to be gone. It will always remain, even if I close the app. "Swiping" to the left does not close it (it will just stay / stop after a certain point) and only give me the gear icon for changing notification settings of the app specifically.

I typically have to restart the phone to clear it. On top of this, I have monitored and found that if I leave it (ignore it), the app will still be technically running in the background, talking occasional back to the last server I was connected to (utilizing data if on mobile, even if marginal).

I can try to give you specific Android app / system logs if it would be helpful, next time it happens. Just need to know which ones you would need.

Thanks

Currently running on a OnePlus 6T with Android 10 and have noticed that in some instances when I lock my phone screen with Emby app running, whenever I come back and unlock, there is no way to get the notification bar icon to be gone. It will always remain, even if I close the app. "Swiping" to the left does not close it (it will just stay / stop after a certain point) and only give me the gear icon for changing notification settings of the app specifically.

Hi, what is in the notification bar at the time?

jerminat0r
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what is in the notification bar at the time?

Hi Luke!

It appears to be the standard playback notification with playback controls (previous, play/pause/ next) and the info for whatever I was watching / listening to last.

3 hours ago, jerminat0r said:

Hi Luke!

It appears to be the standard playback notification with playback controls (previous, play/pause/ next) and the info for whatever I was watching / listening to last.

What version of the app do you have?