Sort By Unplayed Count

Guest AllRoCol

Guest AllRoCol

Hi,

I would like to request a sort feature for remaining episodes ( I am talking about the count for episodes added into the collection that you see above TV shows and not any unadded episodes, even if they are in the system with the missing episode feature). I am more interested in least remaining, as I like to close out shows, but I suppose some may want the other way as well.

Thank you for any consideration.

Edit:

Just to be clear ( I thought it was in the first place when I kept it simple and to the point), Emby doesn't have any sort features to help people finish off shows. Unless you keep up with every single show and can just sort by date, there is no option.

As I put in an example below Trakt Least Episodes Sort Order and Trakt Most Completed Sort Order are examples of ways to see which shows you are close to finishing.

The system gives an unplayed count on shows, it just does nothing with it, when it comes to sorting. It also gives a runtime search on average runtime, but it doesn't factor in how many episodes are left.

It would be nice to have some sort of way to see which shows you are close to finishing.

Edited by AllRoCol

Happy2Play

Where would this option be and how is it different then "Sort by Last Episode added" or even the Unplayed filter?

Guest AllRoCol

It would be on the main shows page.

Neither of your comparisons have anything to do with the request. The last episode added just orders by when you added shows in. Great if you have a few shows and you keep up with them, but bad for a larger collection. Unplayed is the same way. I actually delete after I play, so Unplayed doesn't even do anything for me.

Imagine you have hundreds, maybe thousands of shows and you just want to watch the ones with the fewest episodes remaining, to close them out. I have around 2900 shows right now and various amount of episodes remaining. I would like to sort it like Trakt, which offers things like

(Just a warning, hide completed under filters before getting too into Trakt sorting, otherwise they drown out certain sorts)

https://trakt.tv/users/allrocol/progress/watched/least-episodes

and

https://trakt.tv/users/allrocol/progress/watched/most-completed

The information is already in the system for Emby, it is shown above the episodes, it is just hard to find it with a large collection.

I suppose not overly useful for people who keep their stuff and rewatch it over and over, but I am not like that and I am guessing many are like me.

Happy2Play

But that is exactly what the filter and sort does for me, but only difference is the actual order as it used episode added instead of physical unwatched count.  So I have filtered and sorted 500+ Shows down to 14..  Each showing episodes remaining.

sort.thumb.jpg.69bfc070d5fb71a963371ebebc15032f.jpg

Guest AllRoCol

Unplayed shows all the shows that have episodes that you haven't watched. Last episode date added orders them more or less, the way you see it, by latest show (Assuming you have it set to that option, I have it set to added into the system).

That combo does nothing whatsoever. You can see your items aren't sorted.

I have almost 2900 shows with unplayed episodes. What would that combo do for me? Even if you had a massive collection of played episodes, couldn't you see a benefit in being able to filter unplayed, then sorted by by suggested filter.

Lets put it this way. Imagine we weren't in a pandemic and you were getting many new episodes each week and you couldn't keep up. Imagine this goes on until June, when things slow down again. Then what would your suggested filter/sort combo look like, compared to right now?

Here is what I see with your combo.

884829955_Filterwithsort.thumb.jpg.b9d3a0ab5297139a2082da045cbef09b.jpg

Guest AllRoCol
37 minutes ago, ebr said:

By "remaining" you mean unplayed, correct?

Yes. The remaining episodes to finish a show. The number above the episodes that counts the unplayed episodes that you have the files available for. I suppose you could also in this setup have a count by total episodes sort as well. Though I am not asking for one, nor do I care about one.

Anyone with any large collection of unwatched episodes may benefit from being able to see which shows have the least episodes remaining to finish off. It lets someone get the stragglers. Emby has the count displayed, but I was actually confused at the fact it doesn't do anything with them in sorting. Once you buildup to even a few hundred shows with unplayed episodes, things get lost pretty quickly. That show you meant to finish off gets moved to the back and you only see it if you happen to scroll by.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Pejamas

Still hoping this becomes a thing. The one main reason I still use Kodi, It's much easier to see a row of shows ordered by the amount of episodes left to watch which is generally how i prioritize watching shows.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
Pejamas

4 years on and still hoping a simple sort feature can be added.

1 hour ago, Pejamas said:

4 years on and still hoping a simple sort feature can be added.

Hi, there are a lot of places in our user interface that have sorting by play count. Perhaps not the shows screen, but many others do.

Pejamas
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, there are a lot of places in our user interface that have sorting by play count. Perhaps not the shows screen, but many others do.

Its not how many times something has been played. Its sorting by total amount of unplayed episodes. So If I have a show with 1 unplayed episode it would appear at the front, then increase from there.