Same Stream Two Devices not working right

mediacowboy

krustyreturns

Now the question is it serverwmc or mediabrowser

Well of course I am biased, but I can't see any way it can be serverwmc since it is not getting passed a request to start a second stream - even though a different channel is selected.  Nor could it be responsible for MBS continuing to play the cached stream after serverwmc has shut down all live streams.

mediacowboy

I just tested this with the new server release (3.0.5326.13255) and it doesn't seem to be happening anymore. Can someone else verify my finding's?

Edited by mediacowboy

Dazik

I just tested this with the new server release and it doesn't seem to be happening anymore. Can someone else verify this?

Will test it tomorrow and let you know, tuners offline until I get the last piece to my mad scientist project.

rikiwi

I'm experiencing the same behaviour. I'm using Dev Build of Server - Version 3.0.5327.38562

krustyreturns

I just tested this with the new server release (3.0.5326.13255) and it doesn't seem to be happening anymore. Can someone else verify my finding's?

I just downloaded devel build 3.0.5329.40806 and I get the exact same behavior I described in this post:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9100-same-stream-two-devices-not-working-right/?p=119810

Damn, you got me all excited.  What is your test?

mediacowboy

All I did is start one stream on my living room roku, let it run for like 5 minutes, and then turned to the same channel on my desktop. I will test more tonight since it may have been a fluke.

krustyreturns

I am testing on the same machine, that's probably the difference, since @@Vicpa reported that starting on two different machines worked for him also.  Did it also start the second stream at the correct time?

mediacowboy

Yes. In fact the second stream was ahead of the first but that may be due to the wireless roku and gigabyte desktop

mediacowboy

I'll try the same machine tonight. I will open one stream in IE and then wait five minutes and start one in chrome

mediacowboy

Ok, I'll do that. As I hate IE with a passion.

Edited by mediacowboy

Dazik

Issues persists when trying to view 2 streams from the same host via Chrome tabs (see below).

Issue not present from same host using Chrome Incognito + normal Chrome tab. (cookies it is!)

Issue not present from 2 different hosts, see screenshot (vnc to second host).

R9cpm.png

MBS: 3.0.5326.13255

Edited by akensai

mediacowboy

Dang it I knew I forgot to do something last night. I had family come in that I haven't seen in months.

krustyreturns

Cool.  You are right the problem is fixed so long as the its not two different instances of the same browser on the same machine (I would not have thought of starting the browser in private mode, good catch). 

Dazik

Cool.  You are right the problem is fixed so long as the its not two different instances of the same browser on the same machine (I would not have thought of starting the browser in private mode, good catch). 

The issue lies with the user/host being the same, as we've already guessed. Temporary solution for me is multiple users within MBS or just private tabs. Still an annoyance, but at least there is a work-around.

mediacowboy

Just to double check I tested watching the same channel on two different roku's just to make sure it was working as expected.I am now able to watch like I would expect. Thank you for who ever fixed this or maybe it was just a small hiccup. This can be marked as resolved for my issue.