tons of new libaries created by Emby Server

laola

Hi,

I do have a weired problem. I am using the upload feature from emby (new photos on (three) mobiles uplod). However, every time when there is a new upload there is also a new libary created... How can I avoid this or how I can delete such libaries (I do have 160 in the meantime)

image.thumb.png.9b1c067af415fec6aafc6a93f3272c6e.png

Can you provide server logs from the timeframe this happened?

This is something @Luke will need to investigate the issue.

sure...  Just took a picture on my mobile and it was already transferred to the server. When I said "every time is a new libary created" I should say "it feels like every time..." 😉

embyserver.txt

Edited by laola

so - I did as auggested (deleting of all the camera-upload libaries (took me almost 1h (deleting is really slow)), even deleting collection labary, deleted auto collection add-on, re-started the server, made a complete libary scan... Just after the scan was finished, there were already 9 camera-upload  libaries... 😞

embyserver.txt

Edited by laola

@laola I think someone else had something similar happen and they found the cause was a permission issue of the folder holding camera info. So that's worth checking.

and what should I check ? It's a samba share from Windows - because the upload is functional I don't think it is a permission issue. 

I'd check to make sure the share has full read/write AND inheritable permissions for all folders/files under it.

• 2 weeks later...

this is not an issue with SMb shares - either you can access or not. Because photos are uploaded I would assume Emby has access...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 6:50 AM, laola said:

this is not an issue with SMb shares - either you can access or not. Because photos are uploaded I would assume Emby has access...

Correct. We are trying to chase down what is causing this. Thanks.