Exporting Emby EPG Data back to DvBLogic

jelbear

jelbear

Hi,

I have a query, long time user and Premiere subscriber that since the year dot has had live TV functionality provided by DVBLogic, as that has a full blown Kodi PVR addon which most of our main TV clients use and at the time it had all the EPG data,  so DVBLogic nicely fed into both Emby using the plugin and kodi using the PVR addon, so all good for numerous years

However, fast forward to today and the sudden demise of DVBlogic the other month and them ceasing to provide any EPG data with immediate effect.

So, I have a couple of queries to put to those who understand how it all works and fits together, as I haven't experimented with the EPG data aspect of Emby before as it has always just been provided via DVBLogic.

•   Would it be possible to still use the DVBlogic plugin for live TV signal input in to Emby, but to use the in built Emby guide data which is part of the premiere subscription, so effectively overriding the EPG the plugin is pulling in from DVBLogic?  

• Additionally without knowing how Emby stores the guide data, I would like to go an extra step and some how reverse feed DVBlogic with the Emby EPG data , I'm assuming that emby stores the EPG data in an XML file, as that will mean that DVBLogic can continue to feed the EPG data into Kodi via its PVR addon?

I haven't had a play around yet, was hoping someone might know before I start breaking things, as the setup has been fairly rock solid for years, so I'm a bit loathed to start fiddling before having a better idea of what I hope for is possible.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, jelbear said:

I would like to go an extra step and some how reverse feed DVBlogic with the Emby EPG data

Hi.  Our license for this data would not allow you to do this.

jelbear

Ah, shame thanks for the swift reply though

But any idea about the first part of my query? can I still use the DVBlogic plugin but over ride its EPG data with Emby's.

I've had a quick play, so while I can add an EPG data source there is no option to map channels, from what I can see. Which I supopose makes sense as Emby really has no channels to map its just linking into DVBLogic using the API

I suppose I am left with my manual XML process for the time being, what I would dearly love to see is Emby to produce its own proper Kodi PVR addon, as that would solve all my problems I think, probably create new ones, but would reduce a link in the chain

This is one of the few plugins I've not used for Live TV so I can't answer your question.

But if you still want to feed both Emby and Kodi then the place to have your guide data is in DVBlogic so you may want to see if you can use guide data from schedule direct.
Have you explored that at all?

Have you thought about just setting up your tuners in Emby and forgoing DVBlogic and Kodi PVR?