Favorites on Nvidia Shield going to start of list

DavidAus

DavidAus

Hi guys,

Loving emby and recently purchased the lifetime license.

Something that has been really bugging me while using on Nvidia Shield is when browsing the favorites and opening a movie for example, if i either watch the trailer or add/remove the movie from the favorites when i go back to the favorites list it will for a moment be where it last was then refresh and go back to the first alphabetical movie. I have a lot of movies in my favorites so this is really annoying so if i browsed say half way through the list and watch a trailer of a movie that i then decide i dont want to watch it then puts me back at the start and i need to go all the way back.

For those that dont know the favorites list is viewed horizontally on the Shield.

Its a minor complaint but it does take a away from the friendliness of the app. Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks

Hi. It is re-loading the list due to the change in its content.  We will work to improve how it reacts to that.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
DavidAus

Thanks,

Just thought i would in case it helps is that when doing the same actions on the home screen latest movie list (ie: marking a movie as played, adding/removing from favorites or watching a trailer) does not resort to that list going back to the first movie. It works how you expect, a good example is marking a movie as watched then clicking back out of the movie it will flash the movie up for moment then as it disappears will just slide to the next movie in the list. Hopefully this logic can be applied to the favorites list. Thanks 

DavidAus

Hi,

I assume so? This screenshot is from the web client but its nearly the same on the Shield:

image.thumb.png.a8eb2d3a912f703f6317cf3415e8ee01.png

So on the Shield i go up the top and choose Favorites which will give a very similar look as above. But in the web client it only gives you like 20 favorite movies and you have to click the "Favorite Movies" i crossed out to get to the rest. On the shield the favorites list keeps horizontally scrolling until the end of the list.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, DavidAus said:

Hi, this is still an issue. Did the fix ever get pushed out to general release?

Hi there, are you referring to the Android TV app still?

DavidAus

Yes thats right. Works great in the web but the Nvidia Shield app just doesnt handle the favorites very cleanly. Happy to take a video to demonstrate or provide any more information.

22 minutes ago, DavidAus said:

Yes thats right. Works great in the web but the Nvidia Shield app just doesnt handle the favorites very cleanly. Happy to take a video to demonstrate or provide any more information.

Hi, that would be great, thanks !

Hi.  Yes, this should have been corrected a couple of versions ago.  Can you please give a specific example with exact steps?  Thanks.

DavidAus

Hi guys,

Here is the video:

Download Attachment

Available until 1 Jul 2021

I start and stop the backdraft trailer (or any trailer) then go back to favorites and it thinks, then reloads the favorites list but only displays up to American Me. I have to go back home then back into favorites to view the entire list again. Then at the end I removed Abominable from the favorites and re-added it and this caused the same problem as watching a trailer, the video just didnt capture it - I couldnt view past American Me.

The problem is actually worse then when I first reported it. Before with this problem it would go to the start of the favorites list and I could scroll across again, now I have to go back to home and back into favorites before I can scroll again.

I hope you can help.

Thanks

David

Hi.  Can you please confirm the version of the app you are running?  Doing exactly what you did is working fine for me...

DavidAus
On 6/3/2021 at 10:34 PM, ebr said:

Can you please do that process in the app and then send a log from the app?  Maybe I can pick out what is different for your situation.

Thanks.

Hi, I sent the logs through last night at 19:43 AEST. I opened the trailer for Antisocial and then pressed back and the problem occurred. I hope you can find something. Thanks

15 hours ago, DavidAus said:

I sent the logs through last night at 19:43 AEST

Hi.  What is "AEST" time zone?  What user was logged in at the time?

Thanks.

Edit:  Never mind, I think I found it.  Does this happen consistently on every single item or only on certain ones?

DavidAus
7 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  What is "AEST" time zone?  What user was logged in at the time?

Thanks.

Edit:  Never mind, I think I found it.  Does this happen consistently on every single item or only on certain ones?

Hi,

Thats great. Yea it is pretty constant, I think it only doesnt happen if when i press back and then quickly go into the next movie it sometimes stops the condition.