[users] Pourquoi ne sont-ils pas totalement indépendant.

thymon

Bonjour,

Je suis un nouvel utilisateur d'EMBY.

J'aime beaucoup ce qu'il propose, mais je suis assez dubitatif par rapport à la gestion des comptes utilisateur...

Pourquoi ne sont-ils pas totalement indépendant ?

• Si quelqu'un crée une liste de lecture. Celle-ci va apparaître dans tous les autres compte ! Pourquoi ça ? Ça pollue tous les comptes du coup.
  • Si on décoche pas le contrôles des appareils partagés tout le monde peut lancer des films à travers les périphériques des autres. C'est super intrusif ! Ça ne devrait pas être coché de base lors de la création d'un compte.

Je vais avoir environ 50 personnes sur le serveur. Et ils ne se connaissent même pas entre eux. Ça me parait compliquer à gérer...

Ou alors des options m'échappes ?

Nous pourrait ton pas mettre un alias aussi visible que par l'admin ? Qui permettrait d'avoir par exemple User:"Lolita83" Alias:"Fille de Jacques."

D'avance merci.

Edited by thymon

Hi & Welcome!

A lot of admins use playlist to share with their users.  For example a playlist of submarine movies, playlist of Oscar winners, etc.  Playlist functionality will be expanded in the future to more match how you might want to use them.

Shared devices should be a default.  Basically if you've logged into the device previously you "share" the device so would likely want to be able to cast to it.

@Luke having a "note" text field of 255 or more chars would be helpful for an admin to track things like name, email address, phone number, who the account is (Bob's daughter), etc..

@cayars

Hi thx for yours answers,

First, sorry for my english... :)

• Is it possible to lock creating playlist only for admin ? Actually I have multi playlist that appeared "my movies" , "to watch" etc... I blocked the playlists because it started to be a mess. Everyone should be able to make their own playlist without bothering the others, right ?
  • Shared devices ? Yes it's great but in reality the proposed devices are those of everyone!  Selecting the authorized devices for each account is impossible, some are not named. So I don't know who they belong to.

In any case, thank you for taking the time to talk about it.

On 8/24/2020 at 11:18 AM, thymon said:
  • Is it possible to lock creating playlist only for admin ? Actually I have multi playlist that appeared"my movies" , "to watch" etc... I blocked the playlists because it started to be a mess. Everyone should be able to make their own playlist without bothering the others, right ? 

Not at this time but Luke has mentioned he will be adding additional functionality soon to this area.

On 8/24/2020 at 11:18 AM, thymon said:
  • Shared devices ? Yes it's great but in reality the proposed devices are those of everyone!  Selecting the authorized devices for each account is impossible, some are not named. So I don't know who they belong to.

So first keep in mind the functionality and defaults of the Server are set for how the average family will use Emby Server.  Remember it's a personal media server.  When a setting may not be quite what everyone will want/need there is an option.  That is why you have the option for shared devices, but the defaults are set to benefit the average admin/family.