Different Movie Versions - Refresh Chapter List in Grid View

TheGremlin

TheGremlin

Hi,

I know it is possible to put different Versions of a movie into same folder and give them behind the "-" different names for identification.
I use this feature very often, also if a movie is in 3D, HD and 4K available. Sometimes also special Extended Versions, etc.

I also use this Feature for Multi-Movie Boxes, like Tarantinos Grindhouse. (Grindhouse (2007) - Death Proof, Grindhouse (2007) - Planet Terror) which work great.
But I noticed, that the Chapter List in the Grid View don't refresh, for the newly chosen file.

Is it possible to implement this, that you see the chapter list of the selected version?7

It's not a big deal and not a nobrainer, but it would be more elegant if this could work.
Especially if different Movie Versions have different Chapters.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

MBSki

Chapters and the correct time for each version. Especially when playing an extended version, the time seems to use the duration for the shortest version and throws off the timing in the OSD and throws off the chapters. 

7 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

@ebr Does the time for each version need to be done on the server?

No but the handling of chapters is actually a pretty big structural change that will require server and app adjustments.

MBSki
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

No but the handling of chapters is actually a pretty big structural change that will require server and app adjustments.

Ok, could you implement the version time on ATV first and chapters later?

• 6 months later...
FrostByte

Refreshing the metadata would also help with differences in rating (lots of times the Director's Cut is UR) and resolution (many Extended Cut movies didn't get upgraded to 4K while the Theatrical versions did.  All of these things "could" be added to the filename, but that makes it long and ugly in TV mode because some clients of little space to work with.

Here's a pic of the ATV app which ebr mentioned requires the server to refresh metadata for the different versions in order for him to change the badges pointed to by the arrow

Emby_20210319_001240.jpg.d089e084720fa2ecb2b317ef8ee3c837.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Refreshing the metadata would also help with differences in rating (lots of times the Director's Cut is UR)

The rating is probably a different animal.  For one, I'm not sure the metadata providers track this information at that level and then we don't really either at this time.  That information is related to the entire item instead of specific version (unless you jump through some hoops).

Media information such as codec and length, can be updated though.

• Like 1

FrostByte
15 hours ago, ebr said:

The rating is probably a different animal.  For one, I'm not sure the metadata providers track this information at that level and then we don't really either at this time.  That information is related to the entire item instead of specific version (unless you jump through some hoops).

Media information such as codec and length, can be updated though.

When I had them as two different movies I had to change the parental rating for Extended versions manually.   So if you had a parental rating field for both versions still then I could still manually modify the rating for the one.

For now I can always add the parental rating to the filename which wouldn't extend the line too much

Edited by FrostByte

• 2 years later...
6 minutes ago, Fender1978 said:

Hi, Is there any update on the chapters updating on multiple version titles? Thanks.

Hi, not yet. On the to do list. Thanks.

• Like 1