Is there any way to unmap a channel (losing hair here)

Asator

Hi everyone,

Is there any way to unmap a channel? Even if its backend related. I've tried everything I can possibly think of. I cant make sense of the XML as it doesn't show automatic mappings, only manual ones.

My predicament:

I have schedules direct with USA, GB and Canada

I have an IPTV service with broken channel numbers

Emby maps the channels automatically (to the bane of my existence)

I cant then remove them or change them to a mapping from another tab (ie - a British TV show automatically mapped by channel number to US). Im then locked to this automatic mapping - as my next SchedulesDirect GB can map but the first automatically mapped item takes priority - making it useless.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

image.png.f0ff2375cdfa0ce427478cd93e663028.png

Thanks,

Spaceboy
36 minutes ago, Asator said:

Hi everyone,

Is there any way to unmap a channel? Even if its backend related. I've tried everything I can possibly think of. I cant make sense of the XML as it doesn't show automatic mappings, only manual ones.

My predicament:

I have schedules direct with USA, GB and Canada

I have an IPTV service with broken channel numbers

Emby maps the channels automatically (to the bane of my existence)

I cant then remove them or change them to a mapping from another tab (ie - a British TV show automatically mapped by channel number to US). Im then locked to this automatic mapping - as my next SchedulesDirect GB can map but the first automatically mapped item takes priority - making it useless.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

image.png.f0ff2375cdfa0ce427478cd93e663028.png

Thanks,

no, this was asked for when the mapping function was implemented many years ago. its just not something the dev's have ever considered important enough to do anything about.

honestly, as a non US user i would recommend you deal with channel to epg mapping in xteve getting you schedules direct data in xmltv format. its flawless that way

• Like 1

mark-in-dallas

Can you not delete or hide the broken or unwanted channel in Schedules Direct?  I use EPG for IPTV, to reorder channels and remove channels that I don't want, then map them to the correct channels in Emby - Live TV - TV Guide Providers, which works perfectly.  

Edited by mark-in-dallas

Thanks Mark,

My problem is that the "broken" channels aren't broken - but Emby auto assigns a channel to them. Once that is done, its all over - I can either remap it to something wrong (if im in the US zone and the channel is UK) or delete the channel.

Ideally I would be able to delete the association so I can map it correctly in the UK schedules direct.

mark-in-dallas

Got it.  Here's another option which I've done, and that's to create separate M3U files for channels that cannot be mapped correctly using a single Emby Guide source.  I.e., I have 3 channels that cannot be mapped to the main EPG source I use, so I created separate M3U files containing only those channels and mapped them to different guide providers. 

• Like 2

Great minds think alike! I spent a lot of time doing this, but my provider changes the token for each stream every 24 hours.

I got it all perfect and was crushed when I learned first hand it expires :(

Is there something im missing re: the token expiring? when I look into the m3u, the token address is completely different - bringing all my channels to a halt.

kanipek
12 hours ago, Asator said:

Great minds think alike! I spent a lot of time doing this, but my provider changes the token for each stream every 24 hours.

I got it all perfect and was crushed when I learned first hand it expires :(

Is there something im missing re: the token expiring? when I look into the m3u, the token address is completely different - bringing all my channels to a halt.

I dealt with this for a while. Same situation except I believe tokens were good for 7 days. It is a security measure some providers have chosen to use. My M3U was customized, I put a lot of time into it so Emby would do the mapping and logos automatically. The only solution I found was to download an M3U every 5 days from the provider and use notepad++ to find the new token, copy it then replace the old token with the new one in my custom file. I was going to automate even that but provider switched up the streams and there was no need. xTeve is helpful with many aspects of making Emby better, but there is a learning curve.

• Like 1

Ah wow. I was contemplating the same, but have confirmed my provider refreshes the token every 24 hours. Quite a pain, but they're good compared to many others ive used.

Thanks all. I'll wait for Embys updates with fingers crossed and put up with ugly provider EPG for now.

mark-in-dallas

I don''t know whether this would get you past the token issue or not, but you could try it for free to see if it would, and that's to use EPG for IPTV to sort the links and pass them through to Emby.  I don't know how tokenizing the links would affect it, and its possible and maybe even likely that it won't work, but you can at least try it for free and see, right?

• Like 1

• 8 months later...