Some subtitles downloaded by Emby have wrong FPS

Ronstang

Ronstang

A decent portion of the subtitles Emby is downloading from OpenSubtitles have the wrong FPS so they will definitely not work because they will go more and more out of sync as the movie plays.  I cannot check the box to hash check the subtitle to my movie files because most of my movies are recorded from TV and all have some editing to remove extraneous content so there is never going to be a subtitle file that has been hashed to my exact movie file.  

Is there any way to configure OpenSubtitles to only deliver subtitles that are 23.976 FPS?  If not then I will spend a lot of time going through the OpenSubtitles website lookiing at what I have downloaded and deleting and manually searching for as many as 25% of the subtitles Emby downloaded for me.

Thank you

Sammy

Yes, this is an ongoing issue. I need to disable them more often than not now since they are out of sync with the audio and video.

@Luke

We don't currently incorporate this into the search although it's a good idea for the future. Thanks for the feedback.

Ronstang

If the files aren't specifically marked with a FPS is there any way to check the file itself?  I know almost nothing about SRT files so I don't know if they have tags with metadata or anything else that could help me determine the FPS.

Ronstang
20 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Yes, this is an ongoing issue. I need to disable them more often than not now since they are out of sync with the audio and video.

@Luke

I have to tweak most of the downloaded subtitles because my movies are recorded TV but if the framerate of the subtitle file and movie match then all I have to do is align them at any point and they play fine.....or as close as you are going to get with subtitles.  I have 3400 movies so this is a daunting task but I only plan todo those movies my girlfriend wants to watch at any given time so it will be manageable as I should only have do a couple a week. 

Happy2Play
33 minutes ago, Ronstang said:

If the files aren't specifically marked with a FPS is there any way to check the file itself?  I know almost nothing about SRT files so I don't know if they have tags with metadata or anything else that could help me determine the FPS.

There is nothing in the txt file with that information.  So without it being in the file name it is impossible to know.  The srt only contains a index number, timestamp and text.  Currently the order of priority is hash -> filename -> imdb id. 

00:02:30,192 --> 00:02:31,979
Housewife, sounds like.

00:02:32,778 --> 00:02:35,111
Nothing wrong with being a housewife.

OpenSubtitles would have to track this information in their database as files are uploaded.