Mark watched acting weird

David Patt

Happy2Play

So Emby is only writing database information per library setting and Kodi comes along and writes a nfo and then Emby reads that nfo and creates problems as it does not contain all required Emby informations, sound about right?

artstar
17 minutes ago, cayars said:

Emby will update the NFO if you enable "Save user watch data to nfo's for:" and select a username in the NFO plugin setup.

Oh! I never even thought of that plugin. I do have that set up for the user name that Kodi is logging in with.

image.thumb.png.a7c58b74224a266aa7169930a90ad268.png

Perhaps ultimately I should just uninstall this little bugger, considering I don't have the nfo option ticked in any of my libraries?

artstar
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

So Emby is only writing database information per library setting and Kodi comes along and writes a nfo and then Emby reads that nfo and creates problems as it does not contain all required Emby informations, sound about right?

Exactly!

Happy2Play
20 minutes ago, cayars said:

Emby will update the NFO if you enable "Save user watch data to nfo's for:" and select a username in the NFO plugin setup.

Note Emby does not use this information, only Kodi.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

2 minutes ago, artstar said:

Exactly!

@Luke does that sound right for the Kodi add-ons?

The option I'm referring to is an Emby function and nothing to do with Kodi.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

The option I'm referring to is an Emby function and nothing to do with Kodi.

Sorry Emby does not read watched statuses from nfo files, unless something has changed.

Enable this to save watch data to Nfo files for other applications to utilize.

Edited by Happy2Play

artstar

Righto then. I've changed the setting in the NFO plugin to "None" for the user setting. Let's see how we go with that when I test it again tonight. I'd say this ought to solve my problem.

Thanks guys!

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, artstar said:

Righto then. I've changed the setting in the NFO plugin to "None" for the user setting. Let's see how we go with that when I test it again tonight. I'd say this ought to solve my problem.

Thanks guys!

If kodi is writing nfo files then I see this to remain a issue with missing metadata.

12 hours ago, artstar said:

I'll report back with the results and let you know. Fingers crossed all the same!

Great, thanks !

artstar

Hi guys,

I'm starting off with an apology for wasting everyone's time.

Setting the user to "None" for Emby's NFO plugin didn't stop the nfo file creation.

Ultimately, what I found was that it was the Embuary add-on in Kodi that was actually producing the nfo files all this time. The moment I disabled the "Metadata Editor," no more nfo files were being written.

Again, sorry for wasting everyone's time on this.

• Like 1

Setting the user to "None" for Emby's NFO plugin didn't stop the nfo file creation.

Hi, why would you expect it to stop the nfo file creation? Did you read the help text underneath the option?

artstar
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, why would you expect it to stop the nfo file creation? Did you read the help text underneath the option?

Simply because I'm a moron who didn't RTFM.

• Like 1