Reports Plugin are showing the wrong time

TCEmby1

TCEmby1

In my reports, the time people are watching moves is incorrect. The server is Ubuntu and is correct. Where can I check/change the time of my emby server?

mastrmind11
10 hours ago, TCEmby1 said:

In my reports, the time people are watching moves is incorrect. The server is Ubuntu and is correct. Where can I check/change the time of my emby server?

are you running emby in a docker container?  if so, you need to set the TZ in your run command.

TCEmby1

nope, not running in a container. Just on my ubuntu desktop. I have an HTTPS cert and domain. Could that be the issue? Sorry it was late when I typed my original issue--The time on my ubuntu desktop is correct. I don't know where it is pulling the incorrect time from.

Edited by TCEmby1

TCEmby1

My usage reports are wrong--I test it by watching something at 8:00 pm then looking at the reports and it says 1am. My server computer time is accurate. What is throwing it off? I have an HTTPS cert and domain. Could that be the issue? 

duke1102

Hey!

You can check the time and date on your server using the date command.
Also, you can check the current timezone on your server using 

user@server:~ $ timedatectl status

This gives this output:
               Local time: Di 2020-07-28 18:40:39 CEST
           Universal time: Di 2020-07-28 16:40:39 UTC
                 RTC time: n/a
                Time zone: Europe/Berlin (CEST, +0200)
System clock synchronized: yes
              NTP service: active
          RTC in local TZ: no

If you see that the timezone there is not correct, you can set the timezone using the long timezone string. You can get a list of all timezones with the command timedatectl list-timezones.

Then afterwards set your timezone via: sudo timedatectl set-timezone Europe/Berlin

Hope this helps!

TCEmby1

I opened a terminal and just checked and it is the same as my computer time (correct).. Emby is pulling the time from somewhere else

Quick question.  Are the times being recorded in your EmbyServe.log file correct or off as well?

What plugin are you referring to for the usage reports?

TCEmby1

Just the 'reports' folder at the bottom, I select 'activity' instead of media report, and (I just tested it) my last activity minutes ago is about 5 hours ahead.

Happy2Play

Yes the Reports plugin Activity Report would appear to using UTC instead of specific timezone offset.  As you can see the Dashboard is using correct offset and not the plugin.

timezone.thumb.jpg.ada9c56f14cf101874cb04ecb8a4d03c.jpg

• Like 1

Happy2Play
Just now, Luke said:

Actually no, probably not.

Same user talking about Reports.

Happy2Play

It would appear Plugin Version 1.0.39 has resolved the Activity Report TimeDate issue in my test.

• Like 1