Video playback blacks out randomly

RaisonDetre72

RaisonDetre72

Low priority issue, as so far this seems like this issue is limited to only one TV show (Daria (1997)) in my library, but am still doing testing when I have time.  TV model is UN65KS8000FXZA.

Issue:  When watching an episode via the Emby Samsung TV app, at a random time during playback, the video (not audio) will go black and not come back unless I force-close and re-open the app.  When the blackout occurs:

• There aren't any stuttering or other playback issues that happen beforehand, just one second its working, the next, the screen is black.
  • The app isn't frozen, as the episode will continue playing, just with audio.
  • Backing out of the video to the episode selection screen, waiting a few seconds, then resuming playback still leaves video as black (audio will play fine).
  • I can still see the playback menu bar if I pull it up during playback.
  • After force-closing / reopening the app and resuming playback, video and audio work fine. 
  • To confirm it wasn't a file integrity issue, if I rewind back to a few seconds before where it blacked out and let it play through, it'll playback with audio/video just fine for the rest of the episode.

I'm not sure if there's any logging done by the Emby app on the TV, or if there are server-side logs that may be helpful.  Just let me know and I'll get it attached.

Thanks!

SamES

I've not experienced this type of problem before, but if it only occurs with one show, then it is possibly a problem with the file.  Unfortunately there are no client logs available to investigate this further.

RaisonDetre72

I've not tried playback via USB, though the episodes work fine when viewed from another device.  Overall, I think I'll count this as a one-off, as I've not encountered this issue with the many other media files I've used via this Samsung Emby app.  (I also don't want to get anyone into a goose chase, when we don't have any log files to reference :))

I'll bump this thread / open a new one if I encounter this again.  Thanks for the quick replies!

• Like 1