Genre posters auto-deleting

tuvx

seanbuff
51 minutes ago, Luke said:

Custom genre images being replaced will be resolved in Emby Server 4.6. Thanks.

Great news, thanks

aspdend
On 28/12/2020 at 04:45, Luke said:

Thank you so much for this

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
CarlosLima

Hi,
I replaced all the images that represent the genres, both in Movies and Series, and the new images remained there for a few days.
Today I said that all the images just disappeared, returning to the standard images of Emby.
Any help on that?
Thanks

@CarlosLima

CarlosLima
23 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

Hi,
I replaced all the images that represent the genres, both in Movies and Series, and the new images remained there for a few days.
Today I said that all the images just disappeared, returning to the standard images of Emby.
Any help on that?
Thanks

@CarlosLima

Ah, thanks for moving my topic here, I didn't know that they had already created it.
Taking advantage of this, were the custom studio images also corrected in version 4.6?

On 12/27/2020 at 11:45 PM, Luke said:

Yes.

CharleyVarrick

If I'm not mistaken, the last stable update 4.5.4 was mid december 2020.

It would be really nice to have even a vague estimate when can we expect  4.6, "Soon" having less and less meaning after 3 months+.

To use a timely wording, it would give tens of thousands of patient Emby users a shot in the arm.

Pretty please...

Happy2Play

Soon would depend on all the outstanding issues still being reported in the testing area.

• Agree 2

CharleyVarrick
21 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Soon would depend on all the outstanding issues still being reported in the testing area.

I cannot-will not like your post (RESISTANCE IS FUTILE)

I never browse Testing area, and fell off my chair when I saw some thread posts count

Ouch, I now get  that "soon" looks more like not so soon...

image.jpeg.d41d7dc908c7ea7196379b8cc25022ed.jpeg

Edited by CharleyVarrick

pwhodges

It happens that there are two particularly big changes (from my PoV, at least) in this beta which simply can't be done incrementally.  Patience will be rewarded!

Paul

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick
12 hours ago, pwhodges said:

It happens that there are two particularly big changes (from my PoV, at least) in this beta which simply can't be done incrementally.  Patience will be rewarded!

Paul

I've been here and there in emby forum, but had my first peak at Testing area only yesterday. Not sure I want to go back 😬; astronomical post counts tend to make me dizzy

Considering that, what are those 2 big changes you are referring to (in a nutshell).

pwhodges

HDR processing when transcoding video; Music libraries become totally metadata driven.

Paul

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick
2 hours ago, pwhodges said:

HDR processing when transcoding video; Music libraries become totally metadata driven.

Paul

Thanks, I had heard bits about the later, that should work well in my music library setup, as I've been using MediaMonkey forever (playing and curating) and it uses highly advanced tag (6 pages of properties per song). Hopefully Embyweb will also get some lipstick and mascara.

Edited by CharleyVarrick

You may want to stand up a portable version of Emby (using different ports if same machine). For TESTING ONLY a new Music library but don't write images or NFO files (so it doesn't influence your production system).

Now you can scan your music files and get a good idea how good your tagging is. You can "fix/re-tag" any problem albums this way so they are ready when you update the production system to 4.6.

• 2 months later...