Emby has lost most of my covers

Chalklands
Go to solution Solved by Chalklands,

Chalklands

I had to reboot my laptop, and now emby has lost most of my movie covers! Any suggestions for getting them back? I've tried rescanning, the complete library to no avail.

Deathsquirrel

I know it doesn't help you get back where you were, but if you store your metadata and images with your media this can't happen, barring a drive failure and then you've got other things to deal with.

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server logs from before and after? Thanks.

Chalklands
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server logs from before and after? Thanks.

Hi,

I presume you mean a log from the advanced section. Which one? Although I only noticed this yesterday, It could have happened anytime over the last week or so. I don't have 'Enable debug logging' switched on if that makes a difference?

My main concern is if this happens in the future when my collection has grown considerably larger. Isn't there a backup process where you can automatically save metadata/images etc?

Edited by Chalklands

Spaceboy

My main concern is if this happens in the future when my collection has grown considerably larger. Isn't there a backup process where you can automatically save metadata/images etc?
see post 2

Chalklands

Thanks for the responses. 

After ticking the box 'Save artwork into media folders, are these saved in individual directories? eg If I have a film called 'Deliverence' saved in a 'Deliverence' folder, will the artwork be saved there?

What about Nfo files, where are these saved?

Thanks

Pete

Spaceboy
After ticking the box 'Save artwork into media folders, are these saved in individual directories? eg If I have a film called 'Deliverence' saved in a 'Deliverence' folder, will the artwork be saved there?

Thanks

Pete

Yep will all be saved in the individual media folders

Chalklands
6 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

Yep will all be saved in the individual media folders

Thank you!

Deathsquirrel
2 hours ago, Chalklands said:

Thanks

Pete

Just to add to Spaceboy's answer, here's an image of a movie folder from my collection showing all the metadata Emby saved to the folder using this setting.  Only the movie and trailer file were placed in the folder by me.

Capture1.JPG.f9a2c81786fd41e2ad6a4728a75eea0b.JPG

• Like 1

• Solution
Chalklands
On 7/6/2020 at 10:03 PM, Chalklands said:

I had to reboot my laptop, and now emby has lost most of my movie covers! Any suggestions for getting them back? I've tried rescanning, the complete library to no avail.

Found the problem. I have files on my laptop as well as on an external hard drive. Windows 10, for some reason, had changed my external hard drive from 'E' to 'D'!

Great, usually there is a very good reason why things do what they do and often times are very simple (after the fact). LOL

Sure glad you got it figured out!