Messed up Guide Screen

mark-in-dallas

mark-in-dallas

I mentioned this long ago and would not have done so again, except this is an actual glitch and problem that affects  all Emby users using the LG app, and I feel should have been rectified before deciding to add new features, like channel sorting ability.  I, and I'm sure many other LG users would prefer to be able to see episode information for what is on any given channel at the current time, than to be able to sort channels.

I don't know about any other Emby client apps, but In a browser or the Windows app, when you click on any program for the current time a popup window appears with episode information and a choice to record the show, set a series recording or to watch the program.  In the Android app it opens to a new screen with the same information.

In the LG app this functionality is missing, and clicking on any current show begins playing that show.  If using the up/down buttons to highlight any current program it sort of overlays a portion of the episode info at the bottom of the app muddles up the bottom of the screen, as can be seen in the attached image.

If I want to see program information for shows that are on at the current time, I cannot do so on the TV and have to go to my computer or phone and open the app to view that information.

20200615_134057.jpg.ec8143981d17e5ff055e988e72ca0778.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
nanuk

Is there any work in progress in the live tv section of the LG app?

if so it would be nice if you can also fix the scrolling problem... it's possible to navigate through the guide by pressing the page up / down buttons on the remote, but the focus stays on the selected channel on page 1 :-/ so it's not possible to go for example to channel no. 60 by using the page up and down buttons and you have to step over each single channel and that really sucks and makes the guide view not really usable. 

And it would also be nice if you would be able to accelerate the performance in the live tv -> guide section :-) it's really really slow :-/

1 hour ago, nanuk said:

Is there any work in progress in the live tv section of the LG app?

if so it would be nice if you can also fix the scrolling problem... it's possible to navigate through the guide by pressing the page up / down buttons on the remote, but the focus stays on the selected channel on page 1 😕 so it's not possible to go for example to channel no. 60 by using the page up and down buttons and you have to step over each single channel and that really sucks and makes the guide view not really usable. 

And it would also be nice if you would be able to accelerate the performance in the live tv -> guide section 🙂 it's really really slow 😕

Yes it will be improved in the next update to the app. Thanks.