Emby, SSL, DDns - very confused

gattaca-mcs
Go to solution Solved by cmacfarlane93,

Q-Droid

The CloudFlare Origin cert is only for the CloudFlare (back end) connection to your WAN (public) IP. It is only implicitly trusted by CloudFlare and not signed by a trusted CA. If you were connecting to your WAN IP directly then it's expected to see that message. So it looks like your DNS A(AAA) record may be pointing to your WAN IP instead of the CloudFlare proxy.

Valid point.  If you changed A or C records in CloudFlare you screwed the pooch for Emby. :)

Obviously, something has changed.  Do you recall what type of things you've changed since I helped you with the setup?

gattaca-mcs
13 hours ago, cayars said:

Valid point.  If you changed A or C records in CloudFlare you screwed the pooch for Emby. :)

Obviously, something has changed.  Do you recall what type of things you've changed since I helped you with the setup?

Hey, Thanks for posting in again, really appreciated your help last time! 

Looks like Cloudflare in the DNS tab changed from 'proxied' to 'DNS only' I've switched it back to proxied and waited over night, it now appears to be working again I think. 🙂

I'm genuinely not sure why it would of changed, I guess I'll just keep an eye on it. I really like Emby and it seems fast! Plex was very easy to setup, but just painfully slow. I've purchased a TBS TV tuner card and found that Emby doesn't seem to support it, I've played about with it and given up on getting that working for now. 

Thanks for the comments that were in the right direction. looks like that A record was set wrong. 

If anyone knows about the TV cards, I'm running Ubuntu Linux, and the card appears in linux as: 01:00.0 Multimedia controller: TBS Technologies DVB Tuner PCIe Card I believe the card is TBS6902 DVB-S2 Dual Tuner.

Thanks all.

• Like 1

Q-Droid

The Linux kernel has support for DVB tuner cards so once Emby does too then it should work right away. In the meantime you can install TVHeadend on Linux which in turn Emby can use as an IPTV provider with m3u sources.

gattaca-mcs
2 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

The Linux kernel has support for DVB tuner cards so once Emby does too then it should work right away. In the meantime you can install TVHeadend on Linux which in turn Emby can use as an IPTV provider with m3u sources.

Hey, thanks for the comment. I installed TVHeadend on Linux, it picked up the tuner, scanned for the channels and I managed to get it to display one of the channels once in the web browser but I never got it to connect to Emby. this was a few months ago. Ideally if someone who has used it before could show me/help with the setup that's what I'm aiming for I think.

I have a lot of other projects on the go and don't have the headspace to focus on this myself.

Q-Droid

There are many threads in the forum about TVH and Emby, here's the high level stuff.

- VLC is IMO the best tool for testing and troubleshooting. If it works there your odds are better with Emby.
- The same goes for curl on the Linux command line to test the API calls to TVH.
- Don't transcode in TVH, use the "pass" profile.
- Create a no-auth account in TVH ("*") for access to the streams. You can add restrictions in TVH for access, etc.
- Use the Emby EPG when possible. Might have to map the channels to the guide manually after the tuner is added, a one time thing.

TVH API basics:
M3U - http://localhost:9981/playlist/channels
EPG - http://localhost:9981/xmltv/channels

TVH API resources:
- https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend/blob/master/docs/markdown/url.md
- https://oberguru.net/tvheadend/api.html

Edited by Q-Droid