Multi-Select=DELETE?

Robybw

Robybw

Okay, I'm a little baffled. I have photos automatically uploaded into my shiejd tv using Emby. All is working well. But there's some photos that I like to delete in Emby. But as of now, the only way to delete some photos is to delete them individually. Weird thing is, in Emby there's an option to "Multi-Select" files, But, no delete option under the drop them menu. Only download and refresh metatag. Why no delete option? Possible to add it please? Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
abegreen

The thing is that content on Remote Server is not so easy to manage as it is when files are on local machine. So I have this dream of being able to manipulate files with Emby instead of over ftp.

abegreen

So I figured to LIKE all the videos that I want to keep and Sync all to another folder.

After copying what I want to keep,  I delete everything from library and move from Sync folder back to library folder.

Aside from this having no sense at all, Sync plugin copies files and folders but not .nfo files, so metadata is lost.

I have a python script now that will find and copy .nfo files, which is one more step further to insanity.

IDK what more is there to say, even crappy free Plex has this option.

I have to lookup videos by messy filenames till my eyes bleed...

1 hour ago, abegreen said:

I have to lookup videos by messy filenames till my eyes bleed...

That's kind of a problem in itself.

Emby isn't and hasn't ever been a media manager. It's a media server that serves up your media, not maintain it.

There are tools that can download/upload your media, move it around, rename it correctly but that's not what Emby was ever designed to do.

There are some plugins for Emby that can help with moving stuff around like the Auto Organize plugin but again that's really outside the scope of the project.

Being able to delete a file is one of the few things that does make sense because some people will want the ability to remove content after watching it, especially DVR type stuff.  But getting into multiple deletes is starting to scope creep.

I'd personally prefer not to have a lot of dev resources spent on things that really aren't in the scope of the project or duplicating things easily done outside of Emby, but that's just my personal opinion. 

MastaG

I'd really like this feature as well.

Emby creates a backup from all smartphones and it contains all those crap things that people send over WhatsApp etc..

So a feature to select multiple pictures for deletion would be really really awesome!

For me it's the last thing left to have.

Edited by MastaG
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Happy2Play

Returned in beta 4.5.0.19

• Fix multi-select delete option not showing
  • Thanks 1