TV metadata don’t fetch since the 4.4.3 update

Hyp3rD

nappysolo

Ok, things are changing. Going back to just TVDB, I am now getting the proper title, tvdbid, and air date, none of which I was getting a little while ago. Still no people data though. With TheMovieDB as a secondary source, the director and cast get added. And contrary to what I reported earlier, it looks like I get the same results even if I switch the priority.

What providers did you have selected and what order?

Hyp3rD

In my trying, I had change the order and nothing appended, but when I disable TVDB and put TMDB on top of the list, magically everything sync now correctly... Something broken between Emby and TVDB or a problem on the TVDB side?

Happy2Play

I have verified that I'm getting data from TheMovieDB now, rather than TVDB, but the tvdbid is being populated. I wouldn't have expected tvdbid to come from moviedb. Is that possible? Or is it actually getting through to TVDB after the successful moviedb query, and only filling in tvdbid because the other items are already there? Which is a net loss because tvdb has a longer cast list.

Only a log would show what your are getting from each api, as you will see the query url.  But TMDB does have external ids to IMDB and TVDB.

Disable TVDB but then put TBDB top of list???

Did you get that wrong?

Edited by cayars

Happy2Play

In my trying, I had change the order and nothing appended, but when I disable TVDB and put TMDB on top of the list, magically everything sync now correctly... Something broken between Emby and TVDB or a problem on the TVDB side?

But TVDB is working fine for me in English.

We need to go over specific examples with selected languages.

Hyp3rD

Nothing in link with the problem, but it’s possible to open the forum in a app on iOS phone? I’m always kicked out the session ...?

nappysolo

Series folder: Alfred_Hitchcock_Presents

FIle: Alfred_Hitchcock_Presents_S06E38_Ambition.mkv

(I normally have a season folder in there as well, but I'm using something simpler to troubleshoot this issue - behavior is the same)

Happy2Play

Star-Trek Discovery, S02E01, TVDB ID 6854213 in French

I had not issue setting the series to French and Refreshing.

5ed2ecbac984e_frrench.jpg

2020-05-30 16:26:52.662 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/328711/all/fr.zip

Happy2Play

Series folder: Alfred_Hitchcock_Presents

FIle: Alfred_Hitchcock_Presents_S06E38_Ambition.mkv

(I normally have a season folder in there as well, but I'm using something simpler to troubleshoot this issue - behavior is the same)

Same here, I had no issue adding in English.

5ed2eddf5bfe6_english.jpg

2020-05-30 16:32:34.472 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/73614/all/en.zip

Happy2Play

Only thing I can think of is corrupt or broken cached metadata.  You could try deleting the specific tvdbid number folder in your cache\tvdb folder.  You can see your cache path location on the Dashboard in the Paths box.

Hyp3rD

I don’t know what to say, everything was perfect yesterday morning and after the server update that append at 16:30, the refreshing with TVDB give me nothing... I’m with Windows host too, no WU yesterday or today, in 1909, internet is ok, nothing change on router or firewall... Maybe a TVDB server link that serve my country...?

Happy2Play

I don’t know what to say, everything was perfect yesterday morning and after the server update that append at 16:30, the refreshing with TVDB give me nothing... I’m with Windows host too, no WU yesterday or today, in 1909, internet is ok, nothing change on router or firewall... Maybe a TVDB server link that serve my country...?

I would look in the \cache\tvdb in 328711 folder and look at the metadata Emby has already cached.   Is it blank?

• Like 1

Hyp3rD

I would look in the \cache\tvdb in 328711 folder and look at the metadata Emby has already cached. Is it blank?

No, all the informations is in the xml files...

nappysolo

Only thing I can think of is corrupt or broken cached metadata.  You could try deleting the specific tvdbid number folder in your cache\tvdb folder.  You can see your cache path location on the Dashboard in the Paths box.

I have no entries for those tvdbid ids in the cache

nappysolo

Any chance we don't have the latest TVDB plugin version? Mine is 1.0.32.0. Just grabbing at straws.

nappysolo

Any chance we don't have the latest TVDB plugin version? Mine is 1.0.32.0. Just grabbing at straws.

Ok, that's the version that shows up in the catalog. Any point in uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin?

Happy2Play

I have no entries for those tvdbid ids in the cache

Ok, that's the version that shows up in the catalog. Any point in uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin?

If there is no tvdb series id folder in the cache\tvdb folder, then I would disable and re-enable provider options per library as there is definitely something going on with your install.  You should see the zip file in your log if you Refresh a Series within your Library.

Happy2Play

But the TVDB id of the season 2 is blank contrary to season 1 that have the ID 716913

Season ids are sort of irrelevant, none of my seasons have ids.  All I can really think of is deleting the serie id cache folder and Refreshing the series to see if the metadata is pulled again.

But with only 2 systems so far reporting this issues, it has to be a isolated issue.

nappysolo

Ok, deleting the series ID from the cache actually worked, once I got the right ID  :mellow:

Strange problem that I have never had happen before.

• Like 1

Hyp3rD

Season ids are sort of irrelevant, none of my seasons have ids. All I can really think of is deleting the serie id cache folder and Refreshing the series to see if the metadata is pulled again.

But with only 2 systems so far reporting this issues, it has to be a isolated issue.

@@Happy2Play Can I delete all the content of the TVDB cache folder if all the nfo is directly in my media folder? Or it’s not recommended? Just to clean things up and start on good base...

Edited by Hyp3rD

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play Can I delete all the content of the TVDB cache folder if all the nfo is directly in my media folder? Or it’s not recommended? Just to clean things up and start on good base...

The cache folder is just that cached info.  Deleting anything in the folder is safe, Emby will just re-acquire or regenerate it.