Emby premiere message

Locke_

Locke_

Hi,

I come from Plex as an attempt to migrate to FOSS solutions wherever it is possible. So far I liked it pretty much, but there is something that is annoying me to the point of considering going back to Plex again. When I try to watch a movie or a show I got a message with a countdown instancing me to join Emby Premiere. Honestly, I don't need anything that Emby Premiere has to offer, and paying 120$ just to remove the countdown seems quite overkill. I'm willing to contribute with some small amount just to remove this (and not getting the premiere services, I don't mind about them), but I don't think this option exists, or at least I'm not able to find it. So I came here to ask if there is such option and I didn't notice, or if there isn't, if the developers are willing to reconsider adding an option like that.

I understand that developers have to eat, that they are putting a lot of hours on the product and that their work should be paid back. The same way I expect developers understand very little people are willing to pay twice the price of a videogame just to remove the countdown, and maybe it's not an insane idea to give an option to everyone that doesn't want premiere services but wants to have a good ux. This is probably the most common type of user, and if you agree most of them won't consider reasonable paying 120$ for removing a countdown (specially since any other alternative don't come with such downside), then it would turn out the most common type of user don't have any reasonable option.

Thanks!

• Like 3

mark-in-dallas

I love Emby Premiere, but I see your viewpoint and think that its a great idea and could generate a nice little windfall for the developers  to allow the Premiere prompt to be permanently removed for a one time nominal fee, for those that don't need or care about Live TV or DVR functionality.

• Like 1

maegibbons

Actually, I think Emby premiere is fantastic value.

But, I suppose, a contribution from those that do not need the features to remove the nag is quite a reasonable proposition without a real downside for the developers.

Krs

Mark

A 'like' is always appreciated!

• Like 2

mark-in-dallas

Actually, I think Emby premiere is fantastic value.

I could not agree more!  The guide data alone is worth the money.  I am pretty sure that TIVO gets their guide data from Gracenote too, and they charge substantially more for a lessor service.

• Like 1