Media Playback Issues Continue

chuckr1958

chuckr1958

I do apologize in advance for having a lack of knowledge on transcoding and streaming.  I switched from Plex to a paid Emby service.  All the movies that are in the Emby server have been converted to MP4 with as little loss as possible.  They played fine in Plex on all my Apple devices.  I have family members and friends who are upset that they cannot stream to their Apple TV using the Emby App.  I have one family member who uses their iPhone to broadcast to the Apple TV because it works better.  But here is the issue.  I can play movies on my computer without any issues, including subtitles.  Of course I would expect it to play because it is on the server itself.  On my Apple TV on the same network, playing the same movie, I have to disable subtitles to just get the movie to start to stream.  And then it stutters.   I've changed the bitrate from Auto to different settings and there is no change in playback.  My family and friends are experiencing the same issues.  I've excluded the movie folder from virus and malware software.  I bragged to everyone how easy the setup was and how great the interface looks, which everyone agrees, but no one can play movies.  I don't know where to look and how to fix it.  A recent attempt was the new movie Trolls.  Please help!

Emby_ServerLog.txt

Hi.  Can you please go into the playback settings in the Apple TV app and make sure "Use MPV" is NOT selected and then try again?

Thanks.

chuckr1958

I checked the app and there is no such setting. The version I have is 1.4.4.07. 

Edited by chuckr1958

vdatanet

That setting is only available on the beta version, I think they will release a new version soon because the beta is in RC state.

Okay, very sorry.  I was thinking we had made that available in the last release.

I think this will be improved with our new release which should be very soon.