Incorrect channel label ServerWMC

Deihmos

Deihmos

Many of the channels are labelled incorrectly. For e,g. channel 2 is CBS but on the server it has Fox Business News. Is there a way to correct it? They are labeled correctly in WMC.

Edited by Deihmos

krustyreturns

I have not heard of this problem before.  In the config.xml file of serverwmc (see debug tab) set the following to true:

<Debug_ChannelDetail>true</Debug_ChannelDetail>

Then restart swmc, after it starts the serverwmc log will have all the channel detail, we should be able to figure out what is going on from that.

jasonmcroy

I am actually seeing the same issue. I did as you said above. Here are the resulting logs:

http://pastebin.com/0Ce4v97V

and

http://pastebin.com/ZKAgnHKt

Like the OP, all my information shows up correctly in WMC and in XBMC on the EPG page. It is only showing up with the incorrect labels in the Server.

If you need a server log tell me where to get the one you need and I can post that as well.

-Jason

krustyreturns

@@jasonmcroy,

Thanks.  I also need you tell me which channels have the wrong info in mbs, so that I know where to look in the log.

jasonmcroy

Ok. I believe they are all named incorrectly.

NBC is showing as WEDUDT/3.1

CBS is showing as WEDUDT2/3.2

FOX is showing as WEDUDT3/3.3

ABC is showing as WEDUDT4/3.4

CW is showing as WFLADT/8.1

ION is showing as WTSPDT/10.1

IONLife is showing as WTSPDT2/10.2

MOR is showing as WTVTDT/13.1

MY TV is showing as WTVTDT2/13.2

PBS is showing as WTAMLD/30.1

PBS+ is showing as WTAMLD2/30.2

MOVIES! is showing as WTAMLD3/30.3

BOUNCE is showing as WMORDT3/32.3

ME TV is showing correctly as ME TV

thisTV is showing as WRMDCD/49.1

getTV is showing as WFTTDT3/50.3

ANTV is showing as WVEADT/62.1

Wow, this list is really getting long, but typing these out I think I at least see what is happening, if I can tell you so it makes sense.

It almost looks like MBS is showing the correct EPG data for the order I have my channels laid out in WMC and it is pulling the correct TV Logo for what channel name it is supposed to be. However, the names it is listing out appears to the be the channels that I have hidden from WMC that I don't watch. Maybe MBS is pulling the data for each column from two different places or something?

Anyway, here is a screenshot in case that helps:

53b7105e0a503_MBSepgscreenshot.png

In the above shot, as an example, the logo where the NBC symbol is should read WFLADT 8.1. However, the CW logo is beside that name lower in the grid.

-Jason

Deihmos

Here is the log. Channel 2 which is CBS shows up on the server as FBNHD - Fox Business News HD, channel 35 and 36 is ESPN but shows up as LEAC and Comedy. Channel 736 is ESPN but shows up as MC19.I am sure there are many others but I don't look at too many channels.

http://pastebin.com/Md8FbLYf

krustyreturns

Sorry for the delay.  

@@jasonmcroy,

You say you have hidden the channel named WEDUDT/3.1 from WMC, but according to the log you posted it is not hidden.  So when you say you have hidden the channel form wmc, how did you do it?  According to the screenshot (thanks btw) mbs is importing 17 channels from wmc, is that the right number (same number not hidden in wmc)?   Also is it only the EPG page that has the wrong channel names, or is the channel page also wrong?

@@Deihmos,

Are the channels that are miss-named hidden from wmc for you too?  Is so how did you hide them?  Is only the epg page that has the wrong channel name?

jasonmcroy

Oh, I wrote that incorrectly before. You are right, it is not just naming based on channels I have hidden. I don't have WEDUDT/3.1 hidden.

I do have 17 channels total that are not hidden. What I mean by hidden, when you scan all your channels you have the option to uncheck the ones that you do not want to see in your epg grid. That is what I neant on that one.

The epg grid in MBS does correctly show the epg data per what channels are checked in WMC.

Yes, MBS is importing the correct number of channels.

The epg page and channel page both show the name incorrectly.

- Jason

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Deihmos
krustyreturns, on 06 Jul 2014 - 1:36 PM, said:

Sorry for the delay.  

@@jasonmcroy,

You say you have hidden the channel named WEDUDT/3.1 from WMC, but according to the log you posted it is not hidden.  So when you say you have hidden the channel form wmc, how did you do it?  According to the screenshot (thanks btw) mbs is importing 17 channels from wmc, is that the right number (same number not hidden in wmc)?   Also is it only the EPG page that has the wrong channel names, or is the channel page also wrong?

@@Deihmos,

Are the channels that are miss-named hidden from wmc for you too?  Is so how did you hide them?  Is only the epg page that has the wrong channel name?

All the channels are correct on WMC and no they are not hidden channels.

krustyreturns
Ugh, whatever is going on here is not obvious like I hoped and appears to be different between you guys.

When you have time, please post a screen capture from mbs of the first few channels like Jason did.

According to the log you did renumber & rename the channels in wmc, for instance on channel 3.1 the log says:

2014/07/04 15:55:23.506 LogChannelDetail>     HasUserSpecifiedCallSign: True, Original: WFLADT, User: NBC

2014/07/04 15:55:23.506 LogChannelDetail>     HasUserSpecifiedNumber: True, Original: 8, User: 3

that means you renamed WFLADT to NBC and changed its number form 3 to 8.  This doesn't explain why the name is wrong, but it does make understanding what is gong on difficult.  Did you renumber these after MBS had loaded the channels?  Also, is it still true that xbmc has the correct channel names?  If so, could you also post an xbmc screen capture similar to your mbs one?

thanks

jasonmcroy

Oh wow! You lead me to figure out what the "problem" is. I went into WMC to change the channels to what I had renamed and WMC did in fact have everything listed out in a strange way. However, since I had renamed the channels and set the epg grid for WMC to only show the icons and not the names I did not notice there was a problem. It was only when I viewed it in MBS since it only lists out the channels with their call sign letter that I even knew there was an issue.  

So, I reset WMC to it's defaults for the channels and tomorrow I will play with the renaming again and see if WMC does something weird with it again or not. 

Sorry to have you searching for an error that didn't really exist but I appreciate you leading me to the real issue.

If, when I rename them again tomorrow there is any other issue I will let you know, but I think I know what is happening now.

Thanks for your attention to this!

-Jason

krustyreturns

Good, some progress then after all.  Thanks for letting me know.

Deihmos

I did a new install and installed serverwmc before I started to disable channels that I don't subscribe to and the guide came out correct.

I still have a problem if I am recording something and I try to play something on MB3 it interrupts the recording. It seems to not honor that one of the tuners are in use.

WMC gives an error RECORDER FAILURE - The recorder experienced a failure and is unable to start the recording. Please restart the computer and reschedule the recording. 

Edited by Deihmos

jasonmcroy

Ok. I went back into WMC and checked the boxes to hide the channels I don't watch. I restarted my computer and all channels are now being pulled into MBS correctly. I think it was originally an error on the WMC side. I haven't tried to reorder the channels yet and I may just leave them as they are for now.

It still does not pull my channel icons into MBS (they do show up in WMC) but I know this is a known issue from a separate thread that hopefully will be fixed for the next update. I had uploaded the icons manually last time which works but I won't mess with that just yet.

-Jason