LG App - Over saturated colours in Emby screens but not when playing video

unisoft

unisoft

Does anyone know why on an LG OLED55C6V television, the colours of any Emby screen are way over saturated in colour?

When video plays from Emby, it is perfectly OK and not over saturated and as expected, and other TV apps are correct and not over saturated.

When I look on another LG TV that is only LED LCD, the screens are not over saturated either.

The TV is correctly set (using broadcast test cards etc) in HDR/Dolby Vision/other modes and there is no Dynamic Contrast set or Eco options or Colour Filters etc.

It almost looks like the TV is trying to some form of HDR on the emby screens but the tv doesn't display any mode change like "HDR" or "Dolby Vision".

It's been like this since I first started using the Emby LG app since about version 1.08 (on latest at time of writing, v1.0.24) and it's only Emby affected, none of the many other apps.

Edited by unisoft

unisoft

Strange, never heard of that. Is it direct playing?

Yes direct play video, but video isn't an issue, that is always correct and not over saturated.

It's only the Emby GUI screens like when showing video covert art. Its not hideous, but its like the colour control is turned up a bit. Its not imagination, its obvious of the difference.

Any other LG app is not affected by it. Only on OLED NOT LED LCD LG.

Edited by unisoft

SamES

This isn't something I've noticed, but I'll have a look.  I don't think there's naything we can do about it anyway, but i suspect the TV is using different color profiles for video playback and app screens.

Do other apps (ie: Netflix) also look over saturated on their app screens?

Edited by SamES

unisoft

This isn't something I've noticed, but I'll have a look.  I don't think there's naything we can do about it anyway, but i suspect the TV is using different color profiles for video playback and app screens.

Do other apps (ie: Netflix) also look over saturated on their app screens?

Hi Sam,

No all the other apps look correct, both video and the app screens. Emby video played back is fine though, just Emby's app screens.

Thanks.

rbjtech

Hi Sam,

No all the other apps look correct, both video and the app screens. Emby video played back is fine though, just Emby's app screens.

Thanks.

..any chance of a photo or two on what you are seeing vs say another app ?

I don't see this issue at all on my C8, yes the colours are strong but that's the nature of the OLED, it's not over saturated at all imo.

• Like 1

unisoft

..any chance of a photo or two on what you are seeing vs say another app ?

I don't see this issue at all on my C8, yes the colours are strong but that's the nature of the OLED, it's not over saturated at all imo.

is the OLED c6V (last 3D model made). I don't know if a photo would show it. Reds are particularly oversaturated and I have iPlayer, ITV, All4, My5, Box, BBC news, BBC sport, Netflix, Amazon, NowTV, BritBox and they all look fine. The colours are natural in the app interfaces. Any chance on this model it defaults to a specific template that perhaps it shouldn't?