unknown issue - emby not getting outside data

Koml

Hello

I run emby 4.4.2 now. until yesterday i have run 4.3.1.

What i dont understand is that emby does not seem to get information from internett but works as it should.

Update emby server was telling me emby-server is up to date when i up untill yesterday ran 4.3.1 and 4.3.1 is not up to date.

New added content does not get metadata.

Unable to click on verion number in dashboard to see different emby serrer versions.

The most important here is that emby can collect and download metadata - metadata identifyer is not working

These 3 are the problems i have noticed so far. not shure if emby is downloading subtitles - how can i check that?

Does anyone have any ide on why this is happening?

Hi there, can you please go over an example and attach the emby server log? thanks.

thanks for fast response.

I have no clue what o could show you but i will try my best.

Here are one screengrab that shows no information in server version and one that shows that new data is not getting metadata.

just for information this has happend during use of the same version of emby since i did not get notice to upgrade.

Is there something more you need to help me here just let me know.

Thanks

post-245702-0-98420800-1586561870_thumb.png

post-245702-0-44338600-1586561872_thumb.png

server log.txt

Have this message in alerts.

Name or service not known
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at MediaBrowser.Common.Updates.GithubUpdater.CheckForUpdateResult(String organzation, String repository, Version minVersion, PackageVersionClass updateLevel, String assetFilename, String packageName, String targetFilename, TimeSpan cacheLength, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.CheckForApplicationUpdate(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.SystemUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Yes the release notes are pulled from GitHub so it's the same issue. Have you checked your firewall, security software or VPN? Most likely something is blocking emby server from making outbound connections.

I can connect remotely to emby and play media with no issues.

do i need to open an extra port to the computer that is running emby server?

I can connect remotely to emby and play media with no issues.

do i need to open an extra port to the computer that is running emby server?

That's different, that's outside coming in, which as you said, works just fine.

But for metadata, this is about Emby Server making an outbound connection to download from somewhere, and it appears that is being blocked for you. Unfortunately this is hard to answer because it will be specific to your environment.

There are a couple sporadic reports that disabling ipv6 on the router will help with connection problems, so you could try that as well.

I use Unifi usg pro.

Do you happen to know how i can write a rule that will alow emby server to get metadata?

I use Unifi usg pro.

For starters, can that be disabled to verify that it's a source of the problem?

i did some changes to the usg and changed server from static ip to dhcp restartet all equipment and now everything seems to work.

i dont know how but it has not been working correctly with static for some how.

But thanks for fast responce :)