Rogue One - new "Playback Error"

mondowondo

mondowondo

I'm getting this error when trying to play the movie Rogue One.

Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

Same error when trying to play from two different Emby servers hosted on two different unraid machines, trying to play using the Chrome web UI on two different Win10 machines.

The file plays fine using the Windows 10 Emby Theater.  

EDIT: hmm, I thought I did attach it... let me try again.

embyserver.txt

Edited by mondowondo

mondowondo

Before posting here, I did read through https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/68694-playback-error-no-compatible-streams-are-currently-available/

I looked for the Expert -> Advanced -> Internet Streaming Bitrate Limit  --- but I can't find this setting. On my UI there isn't an Expert section heading, the section heading is Advanced.  i don't see this setting under any of the other pages.

version 4.4.0.40

Edited by mondowondo

That's under Network settings now, but out of the box you don't need to touch, and I would make sure to only change those types of things if you know that you need to, not for basic troubleshooting.

Best course of action is let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

mondowondo

Thanks for the quick reply, I edited the original post to include the server log file. Is there another file I need to attach?  

OK yes we'll be getting a 4.4.1 update out very soon and it will resolve this. Thanks.

Happy2Play

OK yes we'll be getting a 4.4.1 update out very soon and it will resolve this. Thanks.

Is this just a remux issue?  Would a full transcode temporarily resolve the issue?

No, any kind of conversion will fail on it currently. But it should be fine in apps that can direct play it.

• 1 month later...
mondowondo

Emby server has upgraded to 4.4.2 but this video (and several others) still don't play using chrome pointed to the emby docker.  This movie does play using Emby Theater but there are problems with the theater app too. With this app, the video plays but the on-screen menu doesn't show. I can use the mouse to click on the movie to stop it playing but the menu doesn't show. Click again it resumes playing. 

This movie does play using Emby Theater but there are problems with the theater app too

is that on windows?

crusher11

I'm having the same issue with Theater - no OSD. Tried installing the new version but the installer just froze and crashed.

And yeah, Windows.

crusher11

What about it? It's a year old and I'm on mobile so I have no idea how many pages there are, but nothing in the first five pages indicates any sort of solution.